• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT? Help with GPO and Logic

OT? Help with GPO and Logic

Hello everyone

I hope this isn’t in the wrong forum. If it is, I apologize.

I am running Logic 7.1 and GPO and I have a question. I can run multiple instances of GPO just fine in Logic, but when I try to set instrument 1 on midi channel 1 things work ok, but when I select a second instrument in GPO and set a new track in Logic to instrument 1 and midi channel 2, it changes the midi channel in the first instrument to midi channel 2 as well. In fact, when I change the midi channel of one track, it changes all of the midi channels to the same channel when the instrument is set to the GPO instrument. I can get away with having multiple instances of GPO, but I don’t think that is very efficient. I know there has to be a simple solution to this. Does anyone know where I went wrong? Thanks for the help in advance.

Re: OT? Help with GPO and Logic

Hi Russ,

I'm running Logic 7.1 on a G5 and I too thought I was doing something wrong when I first got JABB and GPO and couldn't get multiple midi channels as you describe. I'm not a great one for the murkier depths of manuals, but my understanding is that that is the way that Logic tracks work - one midi channel only, and that makes perfect sense - one set of controls for one channel.
    To be honest, I find it easier to have multiple instances open anyway, you know where everything is and can grab one set up for editing easily, especially if you draw in midi controller changes.
    More technical people than me can tell you if that requires more processing power, but I've certainly never noticed any problems

Good luck!

Thanks Barrie for the help. I'm glad I'm not the only one out there.

Try out one of the tutorials. I'd try to explain it myself, but as I don't have logic infront of me right now, I might make a mistake. Plus it's so much easier with pictures. But this does bring up one of the few complaints I have about Logic, how it seems unnecessarily hard to do something that should be a simple task.

Go Back to forum