• Register
  • Help

Topic: Random "stuck" notes

Share/Bookmark

Random \"stuck\" notes

Hi Everybody!
    I´m having a very annoying and disturbing bug with random notes stuck, never the same, or same instrument, or same channel. How I can solve this?
    I´m using several patches converted thru Translator and CDxtract. The problem happen with only 9 patches loaded, more or less 80 voices polyphony. My PC is only to run Giga Studio
    Thanks in advance for any help!
    Regards
    Jose Pereira

Re: Random \"stuck\" notes

A dedicated Giga PC and having a problem like this, you poor bugger!

All I can say is that I\'ve converted a bunch of stuff with CDxtract and never have stuck notes, so I\'d be looking elsewhere for the problem source.

What kind of PC? P1, PII, PIII, 286 ?

What kind of soundcard?

USB/PCI?

What\'s the master keyboard?

NO other software running at the same time on that PC?

Midi interface?

IRQ conflicts?

What are the patches you are running?

Re: Random \"stuck\" notes

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chadwick:
    A dedicated Giga PC and having a problem like this, you poor bugger!
    Thanks Chadwick for your reply. I like so much Giga, have solved initial problems and run a month perfect. It was a dream come true, but now with this problem I can´t use it professionally again until solved. I tried everything in Giga: changed sample rates and resolutions. Also chequed the midi card with cakewalk 9 using a 32 midi tracks sending and receiving and it works fine. I don´t know what to do. And I´m tired of sending e-mails to Nemesys without answers...
    Yes! I know!
    All I can say is that I\'ve converted a bunch of stuff with CDxtract and never have stuck notes, so I\'d be looking elsewhere for the problem source.

What kind of PC? P1, PII, PIII, 286 ?
    It´s a PIII 733 Mhz, 256Mhz ram, Intel 815e chipset, 30 gig Quantum Fireball Plus LM HD, Midiman Interface.
    What kind of soundcard?
    A Gina24. Latest driver installed. Works perfect with Giga

USB/PCI?
    None. Totally disabled USB. No modems or anything else.

What\'s the master keyboard?
    A Roland XP60. Two years in the studio. No problems.

NO other software running at the same time on that PC?
    That´s right. I have another PC for sequencing and Audio only (Logic 4.5)

Midi interface?
    Midiman Biport 2X4S

IRQ conflicts?
    None

What are the patches you are running?
    Converted Hans Zimmer Guitars 1 & 2, Burning Groves, (both from roland and using Translator and CDxtract) Will Lee Basses (Akai) Interactive Strings Section (Akai), Nemesys Giga Piano. Total 9 patches and a 80 notes peak. Not using any NFX (poor quality for my needs)
    Thanks for any help
    Regards
    Jose Pereira
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go Back to forum