• Register
  • Help

Topic: Native Instruments B4 and GS3

Share/Bookmark

Native Instruments B4 and GS3

Hello,
    I want to use the Native Instruments B4 ii Organ with Giastudio 3 Ensemble.
    Can it be used as a vst, and if so how do you set that up?
    Any comments appreciated
    cheers
    Bryan H

Re: Native Instruments B4 and GS3

The two would run in parallel. Giga hosts VSTs (effects), but the B4 is a VSTi (instrument) - I think. I don't own the B4 (but would like to). If it's a VSTi-only, it will need a host. If it can run stand alone, so much the better. You would just point your controller and/or sequencer to different ports to talk with both GS3 and B4.

Anybody here run GS3 and the B4 on the same machine?

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

I've done it. You just have to have a fully multiclient audio interface, that will share both audio and MIDI, and point the audio outputs to different ports.

Bruce,
    In other threads you mention that you are using Echo gear successfully...What Echo hardware are you running, and is it Muti client savy ?.....Thanks, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce A. Richardson
    I've done it. You just have to have a fully multiclient audio interface, that will share both audio and MIDI, and point the audio outputs to different ports.
    Thanks for your input guys,
    To Bruce
    My card is multi client "M-Audio Audiophile 2496". (running XP sp1.. GS3 Ensemble latest update ... "B4 ii")
    I have now tried without success a program called "Maple", and another called "Midi Overlan" to create extra midi ports. I can run the "B4" ok (ASIO) by its self, and GS3 runs fine by its self, but when put the two together it turns to toast.
    How did you configure extra audio outs on GS? , which app Loads first?, and more to the point, could you detail your midi ins and outs on both applications. I know its a lot to ask, but my brick wall hasn't changed much lately, and "desparate" seems like a good description.
    Look forward to any comment
    cheers
    Bryan H
    "Kiwi"

Go Back to forum