• Register
  • Help

Topic: Awesome Set Up

Share/Bookmark

Awesome Set Up

Well, I\'ve finally acheived what can only be described as a good situation using GigaStudio 160 and Cakewalk Pro 9. I purchased a new P4 w/256 RDRAM with a 60gig hard drive. I use this computer solely as my sampling computer in which I can call up my sound instantly as per all my settings. I then have a P2 w/256 SDRAM with a 30gig running Cakewalk Pro 9 and WaveLab 3.0. It\'s awesome. No conflicts, great sound and most of all, I\'m creating instead of fiddling with my computer setup.

Re: Awesome Set Up

Hey daw32965:

Congratulations! Now, since you have found a workging solution, would you mind helping out the rest of us poor bastards and being a guinea pig for a hardware survey that me and several other members of this forum made?

The survey is:
    -processor (ie PII, PIII, Athalon, etc.)
    -chipset (ie BX, Via kt-133 )
    -motherboard
    -ram
    -hard drive(s) (use SCSI?)
    -sound card(s)
    -standalone use?
    -video processor/card/settings
    -BIOS settings (i.e. - turning off USB, -memory latency, etc.)
    -Midi Input Card
    -other processors
    -recording system - hardware/software
    -sequencing system - hardware/software
    -polyphony (# voices achieved)
    -click/pops? sometimes?
    -sound quality (1-10)
    -other problems/comments
    -midi performance (built in/stand alone/win 2k ect.)

If any of these categories are unclear, pls let me know, otherwise just spill your guts

Thanks&Regards,
    jk

What soundcard are you using?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by daw32965:
    Well, I\'ve finally acheived what can only be described as a good situation using GigaStudio 160 and Cakewalk Pro 9. I purchased a new P4 w/256 RDRAM with a 60gig hard drive. I use this computer solely as my sampling computer in which I can call up my sound instantly as per all my settings. I then have a P2 w/256 SDRAM with a 30gig running Cakewalk Pro 9 and WaveLab 3.0. It\'s awesome. No conflicts, great sound and most of all, I\'m creating instead of fiddling with my computer setup.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really like the part \'creating instead
    of fiddling...\'

How do you go about with midi connections
    between the two computers? - do you
    have enough Midi channels and throughput?

Bjk

Go Back to forum