• Register
  • Help

Topic: What video card for multiple monitors?

Share/Bookmark

What video card for multiple monitors?

Any ideas. I know that there is a thread here bashing Dells but mine has been nothing but great. I'd like to upgrade my monitor situation to a two or three monitor setup. What video card do I need? I have one PCI slot left right now that holds the old phone line modem. Should I do a PCI based card? What are the other options. This is my main daw. P4, 2.6 Ghz, 2 internal drives and an external. 1 gig but soon to be 3 gigs of Ram. Suggestions please? I've searched and I'm just not finding the info I'm looking for. Specific models and numbers would be great. Thanks.

Eric

Re: What video card for multiple monitors?

I've always had a good experience with Matrox cards.

You don't want to use another PCI card, as that takes bandwidth from your audio and disk subsystems.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Anything NVidia-based is great. I have several 6600's. The only problem will be if your MOBO doesn't support AGP 8X.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce A. Richardson
    Anything NVidia-based is great. I have several 6600's. The only problem will be if your MOBO doesn't support AGP 8X.
    Ok, not to frustrate those with a clue but, how will I know? I just had my Dell open the other day to install a new hard drive and I didnt even notice how the video interface is tied in. I guess maybe I should take another look just to see if it's an AGP port? If not, am I just kinda screwed on the whole multiple monitor situation? Thanks for the help guys.

Eric

Go Back to forum