• Register
  • Help

Topic: what the hell is a WSTREAM error????

Share/Bookmark

Re: what the hell is a WSTREAM error????

Hmmmmm. Is this a closed network, with only the machines involved sharing the wire? Is it a 100Mbps net? Standard Ethernet 10baseT @ 10Mbps wouldn\'t be nearly be fast enough, and with high polyphony, 100Mbps could easily not be fast enough either.

A page fault essentially means that GSt was looking for DATA or a DATA segment that was not available or not present, which is very common, and extremely recoverable, just page it in from the pagefile. If the data segment does not EXIST, then it\'s invalid. WSTREAM.DLL is one of the proprietary files in involved in the Endless Wave process.

How about using a fast SCSI controller with an External drive stack from a single machine, or multiple instances of GSt?

Steve Mitchell
    The Classical MIDI Resource
    The CMR Players

[This message has been edited by SteveMitchell (edited 01-25-2001).]

Re: what the hell is a WSTREAM error????

Steve, thanks for your response. I\'m using 100base t but I believe my little Lan (comprise of three PCs and a mackie cpu) is uplinked via our companys network server. We all have ethernet hook ups in our writing rooms for inner office email and outlook. Perhaps this slows the sound transfer down?? Should my machines be directly connected to each others nic cards. If so then how do I retain connection to the companys network. Do I have two nic cards in each machine?? <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SteveMitchell:
    Hmmmmm. Is this a closed network, with only the machines involved sharing the wire? Is it a 100Mbps net? Standard Ethernet 10baseT @ 10Mbps wouldn\'t be nearly be fast enough, and with high polyphony, 100Mbps could easily not be fast enough either. Also what does it mean when you say \"just page it in from the pagefile. If the data segment does not EXIST, then it\'s invalid.\" I currently have all my programs running from a udma66 drive and have a second 40 gig drive for audio. But giga sampler doesn\'t really use this second drive unless, should I upload sounds from the network then save them to my audio drive. I actually just bought an IBM 10krpm ultra 160 drive to connect to my work station. How will this make a difference in performance??

A page fault essentially means that GSt was looking for DATA or a DATA segment that was not available or not present, which is very common, and extremely recoverable, just page it in from the pagefile. If the data segment does not EXIST, then it\'s invalid. WSTREAM.DLL is one of the proprietary files in involved in the Endless Wave process.

How about using a fast SCSI controller with an External drive stack from a single machine, or multiple instances of GSt?

Steve Mitchell
    The Classical MIDI Resource
    The CMR Players

[This message has been edited by SteveMitchell (edited 01-25-2001).]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

what the hell is a WSTREAM error????

For the last month or so my company and I have been trying to get our giga samplers to work flawlessly. With very little success, we are now getting a new error: \"Gstudio has caused an invalid page fault in wstream.dll\" or something. I have a decent dell workstation 420 using a motu 2408 and cakewalk9. This has been a successful set up for me for the last year or so. I get this error rather erradically but most often when loading sounds over the network after having loaded 16 or more into giga sampler. Does anyone else acces giga sounds over a network. This seems like the most practical way of setting up giga studio especially when you have over 200gigs of sounds spread over several hard drives. Doe it make more sense to daisy chain a bunch of drives to the main machine and forget the workstation???? Is all this aggravation worth it???? We\'ve been doing all the music for the Pokemon TV and film series and fell in love with the idea of gigasampler... Having access to huge orchestra sound sets...like hans Zimmer and Friends. Does this set up really work?????

Go Back to forum