• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: synful news?

Share/Bookmark

synful news?

i am very excited about new updates of synful.Any news?

Re: synful news?

Well of course here's their news page http://synful.com/News.htm but as you probably already saw, there hasn't been a new entry for a year as far as updates.

I'm interested too, and wondered what happened.

Seems to be some consensus that the 'performance delay' thing is holding this software back... who knows... but it has certainly been quite awhile since there was any word either way.

Well it's only been 6 months since they released the sections update, which was quite a big deal. And did you all miss this? If below is still true, another major update should take place within the next 8 weeks at the latest. I'm particularly interested in his "rerecording all instruments." That might solve a lot of the weirdness in the sound.

Also, the delay thing sucks. But the easiest solution would for there to be an easier global toggle switch for all instances you have open. Like a "record mode" and "playback mode" so that you don't have to always open up each instance and change it. That'd make it a much more useful product.

Future Developments for Synful Orchestra and Other Synful Products

Synful Orchestra Improvements

The following will be offered as free updates to current and new customers.

• Complete Playing Modes By May-August of 2006 Synful Orchestra will include the full range of playing modes for strings (pizz, col legno, sul tasto, tremolo, harmonics, sul ponticello, mutes, etc) and winds ( flutter tongue, mutes, etc). by May-August of 2006
    • Better Trills and Glisses Trills will be improved as well as better horn glisses and other idiomatic instrumental gestures.
    • Tuba, Bass Trombone, Contra-Bassoon, Piccolo, Bass Clarinet These are still missing but will be available by May-August of 2006.
    • General Improvement and Rerecording of All Instruments May-August of 2006. Particular improvements will include better short staccato notes, better hard attacks, better horn legator/slur/glisses, better low brass, more consistent behavior of all instruments, better extreme low and high notes on all instruments, more natural performance when instruments play out of their normal range.

Future Synful Products

• Synful Jazz Jazz instruments with sounds of different players, styles, and historical periods (saxes, trumpets, trombones, bass, etc).
    • Synful Rock Pop/funk/rock instruments -- especially electric guitars and basses.
    • Synful World Expressive wind and string instruments from around the world -- India, Indonesia, China, Japan, Africa, etc.
    • Synful Fiction A software program for creating and experimenting with new fictional instruments. Synful's RPM technology is uniquely suited to exploring, morphing, and transforming instrumental sounds. This product will allow musicians and composers to explore this potential through various techniques: blending and modifying existing instruments and inventing new instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by metrobot
    Well it's only been 6 months since they released the sections update, which was quite a big deal.
    Sure, that's right, the ensemble thing. I was thinking that it was earlier but I see on the site it was Jan. this year.

My surprise is that there has been so little communication about it in general. The ensemble function was more or less a fulfillment of the original idea as I remember... but maybe that's in error as well.

In any case... still wondering what's going on with Synful.

"In any case... still wondering what's going on with Synful."

Me too. I know Eric browses NS from time to time...maybe we can get him to chime in?

Hi,

This is Eric Lindemann of Synful. We are doing fine as a company. Don't worry, we have not hit a technology wall! We are working hard and are enthuriastic. However, we are late in our release of upgraded instruments. In March we discovered some new techniques that would help us make instrument creation easier as well as make our end results better -- especially fast transitions like horn rips, fast bowing, etc. We decided to intergrate these into our technology before releasing the new instruments. We knew this this would likely cause a delay in our schedule, but in the end it would improve the sound and save us time. We think we will have our first release of new instruments (brass) in August.

We will also try to do better keeping people informed: sending out newsletters, posting news on our site, etc.

Eric Lindemann
    Synful

Thanks Eric!

I am a Synful user and I am looking forward to the new updates! I really dig the program!

Peace

rikp

Thanks for the news Eric. Glad to hear things are coming along.

Indeed, great to hear the good news, Eric.

One "feature request" i'm almost certain you've got covered but which i think is very important is that the next release for Macs be in universal binary format so as to be able to take advantage of the dual core Intel chips in the newer Apple laptops. These boxes will be stunning portable DAWs once enough apps go universal.

Beyond compatibility, this has the added advantage of positioning the product well, since other expressive orchestral products tend to have very large footprints and the MacBooks, and laptops in general, are a lot longer on processing power than drive space or streaming capacity. I'm looking forward to being able to write expressive parts on my MacBook, but i sure can't bring along a bunch of Vienna Instruments to do the job...

Best of luck, and can't wait to hear what you've got cookin'.

Thanks eric,for now i use a "ibrid"combinations of synful and sample library.

But i am looking ahead to use exclusively synful(except percussion and some others).

It is matter of seconds to get decent orchestration from a midi file.

Also i am waiting for new strings articulations.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast