• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale 2007 + Kontakt 2 + GPO?

Share/Bookmark

Finale 2007 + Kontakt 2 + GPO?

MakeMusic has just announced Finale 2007, which claims to include Kontakt 2. Will the version of Kontakt 2 included with Finale 2007 support such products as GPO Stradiveri and Marching Band, or is it necessary to purchase a separate version of Kontakt 2?

Re: Finale 2007 + Kontakt 2 + GPO?

Andrew,

Finale 2007 does not say that Kontakt 2 is bundled with it. What it says. is that it comes with the new version of the Kontakt player, based on Kontakt 2. I'd expect updates to GPO & JABB to appear shortly, which also will use the new player. The newly announced marching Band library also states that it uses the new Kontakt 2 player.

Jeff

I pre-ordered the Finale 2007 upgrade, but I'm a bit worried whether my GPO full version (which I use with Finale 2006) will continue to work with Finale 2007 when it comes out. I hope they have all the kinks worked out of that!

I am not sure why we need to pay $90 for an upgrade every year when Finale used to send upgrades to owners for free. This is the industries form of musical "rape".

With that said, I will be waiting to see if Finale 2008 offers more than just a bit of an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by RickMcGowan
    I pre-ordered the Finale 2007 upgrade, but I'm a bit worried whether my GPO full version (which I use with Finale 2006) will continue to work with Finale 2007 when it comes out. I hope they have all the kinks worked out of that!
    Rick,

What kinks are you talking about specifically? GPO full works fine for me with Finale 2006, and it should work fine with the new Kontakt 2 player in 2007 also.

Quote Originally Posted by wrayer
    I am not sure why we need to pay $90 for an upgrade every year when Finale used to send upgrades to owners for free. This is the industries form of musical "rape".

With that said, I will be waiting to see if Finale 2008 offers more than just a bit of an upgrade.
    Wrayer,

Only maintenance upgrades were ever free, and they still are. You certainly don't need to pay for an upgrade if there's nothing in it that appeals to you. No one's forced into buying it.
    Your reference to a "musical rape" is in very bad taste.

Jeff

Wrayer,

Don't speak too hastively!

I will be posting details about improvements in Fin2007 specific to Garritan libraries/HP (that benefit other sample libraries as well) that will most likely make you think differently...

And speaking of more visible features, I don't think Universal Binary support and Linked Parts are "just a bit of an upgrade". Some people do work hard with passion, ya know...

R.

I have 2006c on a windows computer and it is loading flute and piano on the percussion staves, instead of bass drum, snare, percussion toys, cymbals, etc. The only percussion that loaded correctly was Timpani. Anyone know why or what to fix to make it load the right instruments?

David

Does anyone know the possibly ship date for Finale 2007? I think I am finally going to upgrade from 2004 version, but I am going to be moving in the next few months...so I don't want to send them my address unless I know its going to ship pretty soon..otherwise I'll have to wait until I get new address...
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf
    I have 2006c on a windows computer and it is loading flute and piano on the percussion staves, instead of bass drum, snare, percussion toys, cymbals, etc. The only percussion that loaded correctly was Timpani. Anyone know why or what to fix to make it load the right instruments?

David
    Leaf,

The only time Finale will choose what GPO instruments to load and on what channels to load them, is when you create a new file using the setup wizard. Is this how you created your file?

On any files you've created without using this method, you'll have to manually load GPO into the correct channels.

If you have an existing file, where you add a new staff with the setup wizard, you also have to load and assign the GPO instrument manually.

Quote Originally Posted by dewdman42
    Does anyone know the possibly ship date for Finale 2007?
    Makemusic hasn't announced a ship date yet, but from previous years experience, they seem to want to get the new version out by the beginning of the school year. I'd guess that they'd be shipping by mid August at the very latest.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by wrayer

Just when did Finale give out new upgrades?

Check your Facts.

Brsmith
    www.brsmusic.net

Go Back to forum