• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help: Cannot even start GS3

Share/Bookmark

Help: Cannot even start GS3

I'm a long-time GS2 & Cubase user and recently upgraded to a new system and purchased GS3.

After the first install, I was able to get GS3 running very briefly, but the computer "gave out" when I tried to start Cubase SX3 from within GS3.

So I spent last night uninstalling everything off this computer, including GS3. After cleaning everything up, tuning, and re-installing GS3, I had even worse luck: GS3 stalls out on the logo screen.

A couple of times it did manage to crawl to the registration and quick-sound-build stages. So to give it less to think about during start-up, I attempted to register on-line. Low and behold, the registration key Tascam sent back to me in the email did not work, and the grace period was reset from 10 days to 0 days.

Also GS3 also came up with a warning the the serial(?) number has changed or is invalid, and gave a new one to use (the one you send to Tascam with your info). Anyone seen that?

Now I can't even do any diagnoses.

Windows XP Pro
    P4
    1GB RAM
    2 x 300 GB HD (7200 rmp)
    Gina 20 (Echo) soundcard

Could the older sound card be the trouble? I have the updated drivers for it and it seems to be solid outside of GS3; Cubase doesn’t have a problem with it.

Thanks,
    iain

Re: Help: Cannot even start GS3

any seagate drives in the system?

that would cause it

Scott
    ADK

iain:

First of all, make a phone call to Tascam, and tell them you wish to register, have them straighten out your registration. Without this, you'll have no luck. Then do a clean uninstall, follow the Tascam instruction how to do this to the letter.
    Then try again, your PC sounds ok, I do not know your soundcard or Cubase, I am running AP2496 and Cakewalk with GS3 Orchestra.
    I am just east of Pborough, send me a pm, and i send yoy my phone number maybe I can help, but do the above first.
    Ted

What version of Giga are you trying to launch? Be sure that you have installed the most current update (version 3.12, available for download at the TASCAM website) before trying to launch it...
    — alanb

http://alanb.org

http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

Check that the "Crypkey License" service is running. GS3 will stall on the logo screen if it is not.

Howard

Hard drives are Western-Digital, not Seagate.

I just spent 2 hours going through the process with Tascam.

I did a clean install with the files they provided and was given a working registration key. Also updated to the latest patch.

It seems to be working now - however, it takes about 4 minutes for GS3 to start. That cannot be normal?

I am disabling some of the sneaky processes in msconfig to see if that helps.

Thanks for all the tips.

Your system should definitely boot faster than that.

I use the tweaking guide at the Video Guys website. Whether running audio or video, you want great real-time performance.

One difference is that with video you want the applications to have priority. With Giga you want the services to rule.

Quote Originally Posted by iaink
    Hard drives are Western-Digital, not Seagate.

I just spent 2 hours going through the process with Tascam.

I did a clean install with the files they provided and was given a working registration key. Also updated to the latest patch.

It seems to be working now - however, it takes about 4 minutes for GS3 to start. That cannot be normal?

I am disabling some of the sneaky processes in msconfig to see if that helps.

Thanks for all the tips.
    That could happen if Giga is looking for VST plugins.

Go Back to forum