• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bach - Praeludium et Fuga in C Major

Share/Bookmark

Bach - Praeludium et Fuga in C Major

Here is the Bach "Praeludium et Fuga in C Major", a very different work in feel as compared to many of his more well known works. The Praeludium with its swings between toccata and choral passages and the fuga, sort of a fugue ala lite Here it is set for a brass choir of 3T,2H,2T,1E,1B

http://www.garybricault.com/mp3/Praeludium%20BWV566.mp3

http://www.garybricault.com/mp3/Fugue%20BWV566.mp3

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Re: Bach - Praeludium et Fuga in C Major

Hi Gary:

I think Bach would be proud of your brass choir's rendition of this work. You definitely have great control of your brass instruments and they blend so well. The lines are clear and the instruments are well balanced.

Excellent work, Gary.

BRAVO.........

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhap2
    Hi Gary:
    I think Bach would be proud of your brass choir's rendition of this work. You definitely have great control of your brass instruments and they blend so well. The lines are clear and the instruments are well balanced.

Excellent work, Gary.

BRAVO.........
    Jack
    Thanks Jack. It is a nice piece and the organ works lend themselves to brass very nicely. Some even so for string ensemble. Please visit other piece that I have posted to this forum over the past few months and my music site.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

I agree, you certainly have the way with the brass. These arrangement are so liquid, it seems as though they were original brass works. I admire your skill with these instruments. I am myself still not ready to use brass effectively ..... Thank you.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Nice job on these, Gary. Good choice of
    ensemble, and clear, balanced voicing.

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Hi LouiseD and David,

Thanks for your comments on the Bach. It seems to be true that, like the organ that the music was written for, the brass instruments fall nicely into natural ranges of the voices that they follow. The insturments are brought in and out as they pass in and out of their range in the music at any moment in time.

I play trumpet so I an sort of biased towards that family of instruments. And I have some nice opportunities to have them performed locally at Eastman School of Music.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Go Back to forum