• Register
  • Help

Topic: End of the Road for Kompakt?

Share/Bookmark

End of the Road for Kompakt?

http://www.nativeinstruments.de/foru...ad.php?t=37063

Quote: "with no Mactel version for Kompakt in the pipeline, this is also your best bet to ensuring that your patches are playable for the years to come!"

Re: End of the Road for Kompakt?

More:

http://www.nativeinstruments.de/foru...ad.php?t=36593

Quote: "Please also keep in mind that the only way to use your Kompakt/Intakt/Kontakt Player Powered by NI libraries on Mactel is to either push the library producer to upgrade it to Kontakt Player 2 (also mentioned on the Mactel page) or to use them with Kontakt 2.11 in the upcoming Mactel versions."

Quote Originally Posted by Alfalfa
    http://www.nativeinstruments.de/foru...ad.php?t=37063

Quote: "with no Mactel version for Kompakt in the pipeline, this is also your best bet to ensuring that your patches are playable for the years to come!"
    boy, if this is true, it's pretty outrageous for those of us who have invested a lot of money in kompakt powered libraries. i already own kontakt, but i'd be pissed if i had to upgrade just to keep using something i've already payed for- tho i guess that's typical of any software moving forward.

still, it doesn't bode well for the future of these libraries. hopefully EW will have a reasonable upgrade policy when their player comes online.

sheesh. stuck in the middle again. :P
    John DeBorde

Composer of Music for Film, TV and Interactive Media

My understanding is that most 3rd party developers are going to offer free upgrades to the K2 Player versions of their products. EastWest has a pretty clear note on this on their support.soundsline.com site.

Quote Originally Posted by John DeBorde
    boy, if this is true, it's pretty outrageous for those of us who have invested a lot of money in kompakt powered libraries. i already own kontakt, but i'd be pissed if i had to upgrade just to keep using something i've already payed for- tho i guess that's typical of any software moving forward.

still, it doesn't bode well for the future of these libraries. hopefully EW will have a reasonable upgrade policy when their player comes online.

sheesh. stuck in the middle again. :P
    If there was no Intel Mac when the library was purchased what is the outrage based on? No-one is being forced to buy an Intel Mac.

I have stacks of retired software and samples not to mention retired hardware. Most of the licenses can't be transferred. Just add "Legacy" or "Classic" to the name and move on.
    Ben N. Moore

Quote Originally Posted by David Das
    My understanding is that most 3rd party developers are going to offer free upgrades to the K2 Player versions of their products. EastWest has a pretty clear note on this on their support.soundsline.com site.
    thanks David! I hadn't seen that - good to know.
    John DeBorde

Composer of Music for Film, TV and Interactive Media

Sounds like the library developers are doing a good thing. I'm kind of disappointed that Kompakt likely will see no further development. The upgrade price is kind of steep, though they are including some good stuff to increase the value of it, I would rather have seen a cheaper upgrade to a Kompakt 2. But, that's the way it goes. You buy what exists at the time, not necessarily an upgrade path.

Go Back to forum