• Register
  • Help

Topic: Audiophile with Giga + Cake

Share/Bookmark

Audiophile with Giga + Cake

Hi

Please can anyone tell me if you can use Giga + Cake together through the analogue outputs of a M-Audio Audiophile card.

How does it perform?

TIA...Brian.

Re: Audiophile with Giga + Cake

Hi

This is great - reply to my own question!!!

FYI Giga + Cake sound awesome on an Audiophile. Got mine yesterday and have Cake + Giga playing togther with Cake recording some rocking guitar at the same time.

No installation problems, no crashes (could be coincidence but no GINA20 anymore either), no conflicts, just a whole evening of making music for a change.

The Audiophile sounds much crisper than GINA20 - better highs and more defined middle.

Hope this helps.

Brian.

Hi.

I\'ve been interested in upgrading my Sound Blaster Live! Value card to the Audiophile card. But, I do want to use a card that can also, yes, play games. Outside of Cakewalk and GigaStudio, have you been able to do this?

Thanks,
    Ron

Hi Ron

Sorry I can\'t answer that - my machine is purely for Cake + Giga.

Can\'t see why not though - just select the Audiophile as the preferred audio card in Windows and your games should belt out.

Brian.

Does the audiophile have onboard sounds to support the games side of things?

I don\'t think the audiophile has a general-midi sound set onboard, so it won\'t be good for any games that need to play MIDI music. But most games today do almost entirely CD-audio which it should handle fine.

But your SB Live Value is probably better in the games department.

[This message has been edited by Jamieh (edited 02-21-2001).]

Go Back to forum