• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale 2007 and Kontakt 2 Player

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Finale 2007 and Kontakt 2 Player

Finale 2007 is touting the fact they it will include Kontakt Player 2 for playback of GPO (and other "Powered by NI") libraries.

My question is:

Will I be able to use the Kontakt 2 player in Studio 2, or will it be available only from within Finale 2007? Or will I be able to use the Kontakt 2 player outside of Finale in place of Studio 2?

In other words, right now I can use Finale 2006 to create my score, export it as midi with all of the info intact, and then use Studio 2 to play it back from other sequences. That is what I want to be able to continue doing. Will I be able to?

DrH

Re: Finale 2007 and Kontakt 2 Player

Quote Originally Posted by DrH
    Will I be able to use the Kontakt 2 player in Studio 2, or will it be available only from within Finale 2007?
    The new Kontakt 2 player shipping with Finale 2007, can only be used within Finale 2007. You can still export a midi file and bring that into a sequencer to use.

Jeff

Re: Finale 2007 and Kontakt 2 Player

Gary has more info here: http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=46228

Shame it's so limited, both in terms of what libraries it supports and what programs you can use it with.

Go Back to forum