• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale 2006d and Kontakt player

Share/Bookmark

Finale 2006d and Kontakt player

when i open a finale file with the instrumentation: Trpt, sax and rhythm section, after the Garritan patch loads automatically the trpt & sax will not sound. I have to toggle the "mode wheel" first, then they'll sound. What do I need to fix/adjust to fix this problem?

Re: Finale 2006d and Kontakt player

Have you assigned a dynamic level marking so Finale knows what volume to play at?

JT

no i have not. do you mean just give each instrument it's own dynamic?

i gave the horns a dynamic marking, however, it still doesn't work. i still have to toggle the mode wheel to get the volume on the trpt and alto.

another question: is it possible to have several finale files(scores) open at once and NOT have the program reload the Garritan patch each time i switch between tunes?

Quote Originally Posted by crewman76
    another question: is it possible to have several finale files(scores) open at once and NOT have the program reload the Garritan patch each time i switch between tunes?
    Yes, if you update to revision "b" or "c". In these revisions instruments are not loaded until you play them or select VST setup.

Quote Originally Posted by crewman76
    i gave the horns a dynamic marking, however, it still doesn't work. i still have to toggle the mode wheel to get the volume on the trpt and alto.
    For each staff you will have to touch the mod wheel (or MIDI menu | send MIDI | CC#1 > 0 to all channels) until Human Playback has played the first note in the staff. When the first note is played, a CC#1 (modwheel) message is sent.

Thanks for the reply, however, I just realized I phrased the question wrong.
    what I want is to have the garritan instrument patches STAY LOADED as I switch between the files. Any thoughts?

Not possible.

Go Back to forum