• Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Topic: Online Course: GARRITAN INTERACTIVE PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Korsakov

Share/Bookmark

Re: Online Course Coming: GARRITAN REVISED PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Korsakov

I suppose this has been asked already, but I think it would be REALLY good to have a MIDI Orchestration course from DPDan. He is the master of GPO. I have Paul Gilreath's Guide to MIDI Orchestration, and it's a good book, but I think that when GPOA is released, maybe we could have a DPDan's course of sequencing/orchestration/mastering via GPOA. I don't except it for free, of course, but could be an addon to GPOA for a fair price. I would be the first to buy it.
    -Dani-

Re: Online Course Coming: GARRITAN REVISED PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Kors

Hi Gary,

YES, YES, YES, YES!

I have to say that the actual first example I listened to out of the Sheherazade sounded great! I'm very impressed.

Bring it on!!!

And hey, it looks like we get a little sneak hearing into GPOA! Well, even better!

regards,

Steve.

Re: Online Course Coming: GARRITAN REVISED PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Korsakov

Great, great, great. Fantastic!!!!!!!!!

I would like to know what you think of this idea. Would you be interested in participating as a learner?
    I would abandon on sleep for participating!

Smile Re: Online Course Coming: GARRITAN REVISED PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Kors

Gary,
    This is a dream coming true. You and your team have incredible and so useful ideas. Yes, I would be a most fervent learner. Best, mhleo

hi!
    it's some time that i don't write to this board but i constantly reading it...
    this idea is wonderful... i only hope that it will be possible to download the entire course (maybe in a zip... and maybe only for registered GPO users?) because i will not have the possibily to follow the lessons online...
    it will be a great chance for me to learn something... and i necessitate it (to learn!!! :-)
    thanks (again!) :-)

Re: Online Course Coming: GARRITAN REVISED PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Kors

Hi Gary,

This is a wonderful idea. And having the samples as MIDI files that can be used with GPO is a wonderful tool for learning orchestration AND GPO.

And you offer it for free ? That's what I call actual customer support !!!

One thing I noticed is:
    The remaining chapters dealing with Voices are planned as we progress on our choir library.
    So you are really going to produce it ? That's really great too.

The only drawback is that I am now jealous of your dual-core atomic energized hyperthreaded brain
    Pierre Laroche

Thumbs up Re: Online Course Coming: GARRITAN REVISED PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Korsakov

GREAT idea!!! GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT!!!!!
    No, I do not live in Texas

Gary,

Once again, you lead the way with a superb idea. This will be an invaluable resource and learning tool.

Do you ever sleep...

R. Pearl

This is great Garry! I will definitely be involved as a learner...

What a splendid thing to do!
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Go Back to forum
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast