• Register
  • Help
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456 13 ... LastLast

Topic: Online Course: GARRITAN INTERACTIVE PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Korsakov

Share/Bookmark

Re: Online Course Coming: GARRITAN REVISED PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Korsakov

Oh wow Gary. I dont even know what to say.I feel like the education you are offering is the biggest missing link of my own personal skill set and one that would be almost impossible for me to attain do to financial and even geographical reasons. It is nothing less than truly amazing that you would offer-up such a great resource. I will back this 110% in anyway I can. I guess the only thing I would ask for if it's not to much would be some basic guidelines for reading scores. I know how to read music for piano so I know a lot already but maybe just a few details to the differences when reading a score sheet. I dont know what I would be able to do to help but I would help anyway that I could. Promise. Maybe I could help render files for examples. That's something I COULD do. I've never used any of the notation programs before but I think I'll get out the GPO discs and load up the one you gave us to help me understand these lessons better and learn a new way to write. I always wanted to be able to write from notation anyway. Just seems WAY intimidating. Anyway, You're the MAN Gary. Just unfreakin believable. Thankyou from the bottom of my heart.

Eric

Re: Online Course Coming: GARRITAN REVISED PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Korsakov

This is absolutely top-notch stuff! I am very excited. To put my 2 cents worth in, I would recommend this be a self-guided course as much as possible... I just think of all the people from all different lifestyles and places in their lives that could benefit from this and feel that making it a work at your own pace course would give the most people the chance to use it. Something like a true "on-line" course from a college.

REALLY looking forward to this and, as usual, well done Gary - these are the things that make Garritan more than just a sample library - great support, innovative thinking and a caring approach will assure your continued success. Congratulations!

Regards,

Tim

This is definitely a worthwhile project.

I too am of the same mind as Dave Hoffman. Where do you find the time on Orcas Island. There must be a time warp in your vicinity that gives you extra hours in a day. Or maybe Orcas is like "Groundhog Day" and Eddie Murray, it's never ending. If it's something in the water as etLux suggests, I would like some too!

[Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Thumbs up Re: Online Course Coming: GARRITAN REVISED PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Kors

This is excellent and well produced. The examples are outstanding. I know where I will be the majority on this forum especially having been working on Rimsky-Korsakov’s "Sherherazade" score myself.

Hello,

you make me happy. This is just the way I try to learn new things and in fact I bought the book and started to search for the RK-Midifiles and was trying to convert them with Finale and GPO to real music, just to get an impression of the musical examples. (My imagination while reading only the score is - at the moment - not so well developed ).

So it seems that I just have to wait ...

The way that I can help is more from the educational point of view. I am the coordinator for all elearning and eTeaching/-activities at the University of Tuebingen and work together with the Knowledge Media Research Center.

I would propose that you use a "web-based learning management system that allows users to create, edit and publish learning and teaching material in an integrated system with their normal web browsers". We over here use an opensource product Ilias which would fit for your project.

But that gets too technical. If you are interested, just drop me a line and I can tell you more.

Hajo

Re: Online Course Coming: GARRITAN REVISED PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Kors

yes Yes YES!!!!!
    Simply unbelievable! Gary, you and your team are just amazing.
    Fred

These sure are looking mighty spiffy!!

This is truly a fantastic idea!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Wow Gary! This is a great idea Thanks so much for making this available

Re: Online Course Coming: GARRITAN REVISED PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Kors

how about making online material accessible to people who do not use Internet Explorer? there appear to be no plugins for Mozilla to view your sample pages

unless you intend it as a downloadable thing? in which case, never mind.

I too would be very interested in being a learner. Thanks so much for offering such a user experience and learning tool! Audio examples have been lacking. I try to enter the example scores into Finale to hear what I can from that, but it is quite time consuming.

Jim S.

Go Back to forum
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456 13 ... LastLast