• Register
  • Help

Topic: Swar Plug VST to Motif ES voices

Share/Bookmark

Arrow Swar Plug VST to Motif ES voices

Hi...

I have this Indian VST plugin that I want to load on to Motif ES as a voice. I've learnt from the motifator.com forum that I can achieve this by using Chicken Systems Translator Pro. I've tried to do this but what happens is that the wave sample from the VST gets stretched out on all the keybanks in Motif ES. But then there are some effects that eg slide action on the Sitar, fret noises that don't get translated. And I don't know how to convert drum waves to Motif ES coz there are lot of different Tabla strokes that have to appear on the same voice bank which have different sounds on each key bank. Can anyone help me translate these VST drum voices to Motif ES using Chicken Systems??

Cheers and thanks in advance....
    rONniE

Re: Swar Plug VST to Motif ES voices

Hi,

Off-topic, but how do you like the Swar plugins? I was thinking about getting either those or Spectrasonics' Heart of Asia.

Thanks,
    Chinmay

Hi....depends what you want. Swar Systems is only Indian focussed and Spectronics is more broad and covers most of Asia. I haven't tried any of Spectronics stuff. I was comparing the Sitar and Santur voices on my Motif ES with that on Swar Plugin and I think Yamaha have done a better job!! Swar has some good sounds in it but lacks user friendly work environment. There are some things that I still don't know about Swar Shala composition section and there aren't very good forums where u can get good information about Swar Systems....but anyway it your decision.....cheers...

you might look up ARTIKULATION a breath controller programmed sound set for motif es (also there are celtic pipes at bolder sounds if you do other ethnic sounds)

Go Back to forum