• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Gofriller Cello Demo by Jerry Wickham

Share/Bookmark

Gofriller Cello Demo by Jerry Wickham

Jerry Wickham has done a marvelous work with the Gofriller Solo Cello called:

The New Beginning

http://www.garritan.com/Strad/jw-Cel..._beginning.mp3

Jerry did the amazing worok "Arabian Star" with the Strad and he has even outdone himself with this original composition. Excellent balancing of solo cello and the orchestra.

Thanks Jerry for doing this and sharing it with us.

Gary Garritan

Re: Gofriller Cello Demo by Jerry Wickham

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Jerry Wickham has done a marvelous work with the Gofriller Solo Cello called:

The New Beginning

http://www.garritan.com/Strad/jw-Cel..._beginning.mp3

Jerry did the amazing worok "Arabian Star" with the Strad and he has even outdone himself with this original composition. Excellent balancing of solo cello and the orchestra.

Thanks Jerry for doing this and sharing it with us.

Gary Garritan
    Jerry...
    Let me be the first to chime in.
    As I have told you before, you have the gift of melody and the ability to speak to a listener directly. Priceless.

Jim
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Jerry,

This is outstanding work! I like it very much. It's going into my permanent collection.

Thanks for allowing this fine composition to be posted.

My best,

Larry Alexander
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

This is awesome work Jerry! This definitely showcases both the library and your talent. Bravo! That sweet cello sound leaves me drooling.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

great job Jerry!!!
    Dan

Jerry, stunningly good job on this; I imagine many fine
    cellists would love to lay hands on that score!

Beautifully idiomatic writing for the instrument, and
    executed and rendered with first-rate skill.

Excellent writing, throughout. The opening is splendid,
    and the slight inference of an Eastern European shadow
    in much of the melodic work is the perfect complement
    to the cello's voice.

Bravo!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Great Job, on this piece Jerry.

What a great piece. !! It shows off the Cello's possibilities wonderfully.

Especially nice to hear it execute some virtuosic passages. The singing legato sound is beautifully done, and I loved how you handled the vibrato.

These are exciting times for lovers of expressive solo instruments.

regards Joe

Wonderfull! What more can one say?
    Robert Davis

Jerry:

Outstanding Cello performance and orchestra too. Good writing for both and this is definitely a beautiful demo of the new Gofriller Cello. If you are still using your limited computer speed and power to make music like this, I can only wonder what you could do with a "state-of-the-art" setup. Just goes to show that real artists can use less than the best to create great things......

BRAVO and MORE..........

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Gary, Jim, Larry, Sean, Dan, David, Joe, Robert and Jack.

Thank you so very much for listening and for your comments.

They mean so much to me.

This was a hard one to do, actually, Not because of my equipment, but because this library is just so expressive. You have to really focus on things or you start going off on wild tangents of melodic fancy. This is the FOURTH piece I started with this! The others had good beginnings, but there was just too many directions I could take each of them.
    I was feeding my daughter and putting her down for the night, feeling very frustrated at myself for the directions my latest attempts had been going, and I suddenly got the idea for this one. I had it almost completely done in my head by the time baby fell asleep.

It was just a matter of getting it down in Finale and then rendering it and mixing it in Tracktion.

Jack, although I do have a nice PC now that has a decent processor, I only have 512 mb of ram on it, (the gig chip died on me and I have not yet replaced it) but I used some of my tax money and have upgraded to a faster laptop (see my signature). And, since I have no real time with peace and quiet to work at home anymore, (I love my daughter, but she is a handful - esp in Daddy's music room!), I did this entirely on the one laptop in my spare time at work.

The whole rendering and mixing process was way easier for me this time around, the cello's controls are the same as the Solo Strad. So I wasn't disoriented this time around when starting.

I added the Strad to the violin sections, and added the Gofriller along with the cello section tracks. That adds more realism to those sections than anything else! amazing!! It really makes "ensemble building" work in ways that it never did before.

Thanks to Dan for ideas with the mixing - I learned a lot from you when you and I were working on Arabian Star.

Gary - thank you so much for collaborating with Giorgio and Stefano and making this library available! It is SUCH a joy to work with.

Jerry Wickham

FYI - Score will be posted on this thread soon.

Here is the listing of GPO and Garritan instruments used:

Flute solo (vibrato)
    Oboe Modern 2 solo
    Clarinet solo in Bb
    Bassoon 2

French Horn 1 Solo
    French Horn Overlay 1
    Tuba solo

Basic Orchestral Percussion patch (Gong, Bass drum, Timpani, cymbals)
    Tubular Bells
    Glockenspiel KS
    Harp (Chromatic Harp 2)

Solo Grofiller Cello

Violin Section 1 KS
    with Guarneri and Gagliano solo KS violins in the mix, as well as the Solo Stradivari (not the Strad that comes with GPO)
    Violin Section 2 KS
    with Guarneri and Gagliano solo KS violins in the mix, as well as the Solo Stradivari (not the Strad that comes with GPO)
    Viola Section KS with the Solo Viola KS in the mix
    Cello Section KS
    with Cello Solo 3 KS AND the Gofriller Cello added to the mix.
    Contra Bass Section KS
    with added Solo Contrabass.
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Go Back to forum