• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Gofriller Cello Demo by Joaz - "The Swan"

Orcas Island

Gofriller Cello Demo by Joaz - "The Swan"

Joe has done a remarkable classical demo with the Gofriller Cello.

The Swan

Joe was the first beta tester to try out the new Cello and did an remarkable job.

I hope you all enjoy Joe's rendition of this classic work.

Thanks Joe!

Gary Garritan

Re: Gofriller Cello Demo by Joaz - "The Swan"

Sounds really good!

Where is the background noise from? Bela D's scoring noise, is it from GOS?

Looking forward to listening more demos...

Penfield (Rochester), NY

Excellent use of the solo cello against the harp accomp. Very expressive and enjoyable to listen to.

I haven't heard this piece in a long time, what a great way to hear it again! Great rendering, and what a great cello sound! Awesome work with this Joaz. This sounds real, especially with the scoring noise.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

WOW!!! Gorgeous!

Great job! I am humbled by your abilities in bringing out such expression with this library!!
    Way to go!

Thanks for sharing this.

MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!

So, who's playing the cello? It's certainly not a sampled sound! Just beautiful. The last time I heard this was at a wedding I played last year. This sounds truly, like a real cello! AMAZING!

I don't want to sound dumb, but I will - what is a Gofriller Cello?

Excellent job on this, my friend. Highly
    convincing nuancing and finesse -- and
    an expressive, clear rendering.

Makes my fingers itch to take up the
    cello again... lol.

All my best,

Thanks Folks for the kind words.
    It was jerry's woodwind piece with the obbligato chair scuffling, that inspired me to include scoring noise (courtesy of Bela D's generous free download).

This version is modelled on a version done by Jacqueline du Pre, it amazed me how silent her entries were, and how often her final notes trailed away to nothing.

On an interesting rendering note.....this was all achieved by midi. No audio rendering, followed by fader automation was used.(The DPDan technique).
    I used main volume cc controllers to create some of the quieter note entries/fades instead.

Anyone who uses the Garritan Strad, will be able to leap right in and use this Library immediately. In my opinion the programming of this Library is even better than the Strad ( and that is saying something).

My hearty congratulations to Giorgio, Stefano, and Gary, for another ground breaking Library.

regards Joe

A very convincing, beautiful rendition of this piece. The Gofriller has a wonderful sound and your scoring makes it "come alive." Amazing production considering this was recorded in the MIDI state without rendering to audio.

BRAVO, Joaz

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

UK- teeming with life....

Hey guys.......I'd love to say 'fantastic' but I'm afraid I can't.

I'm very disappointed by the tone and the lack of legato which gives the piece a somewhat jerky and stilted effect. Is it too quantised? It also has the slightly nasal, harmonica like, sound which I thought the, otherwise, excellent violin had at one point.

I think the piece could benefit from a lot more midi programming. If it was played in realtime then maybe it's a bit more acceptable. I reckon the soundfont cello in my old Sonido Media's orchestra would give this a run for it's money. Let's hope future demos are better.

Sorry, I may be wrong......but at least it's an honest opinion.....I'm not into the Emporer's new clothes business I'm afraid.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast