• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: On my knees..

Share/Bookmark

On my knees..

I do behave myself on this forum, therefore I do not understand why my desperate "help,help" was ignored by all except one person.
    I have notes appearing at mixing-editing in my sequencer Home Studio 2004. GS 3.12 Orchestra, P4, dedicated machine, so I have stopped working.
    Without the advise of you guys, I decided to re-install GS3.12.
    Can I ask please for a step by step, how I should do this without getting into the re-registration nightmare?
    Thanks

Ted

Re: On my knees..

Hi Ted,

Sorry about not answering your previous post, which I read with interest and from which I had hoped to learn something... Regrettably, I had nothing valuable to offer...

As to the reinstall... I myself had to go through a handful of complete re-installs whan I started out with GS3. I saved the registration info to a text file each time but it never seemed to help during the next re-install...

I don't know whether I was just lucky, but re-registering was never a real drag for me (certainly not when compared to multiple instances of reformatting hard drives, re-installing Windows, blah blah blah...). As others have pointed out, the best time to call TASCAM, if you have to call them, is at the beginning of their day (9am PST). I don't know where you are located, or whether you'll have 'Net access during the process...

What exactly are you seeking a "step-by-step" for? Re-installing GS3? Removing the prior install of GS3? Just the registration aspects?

Trying to help,
    — alanb

http://alanb.org

http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

I changed the motherboard of my PC to ASUS P5VD1-X and had to install a new XP SP2, after that all prgrams & also GS 3.12
    Re.register was really no problem, I went through TSCAMs register procedure and got the registration within minutes (I'm living in Vienna).
    This was my third installation of GS 3.12 & TASCAMs response was really quickly.

:-) Jovan
    the man with the blue guitar

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Vanya
    I do behave myself on this forum, therefore I do not understand why my desperate "help,help" was ignored by all except one person.
    I have notes appearing at mixing-editing in my sequencer Home Studio 2004. GS 3.12 Orchestra, P4, dedicated machine, so I have stopped working.
    Without the advise of you guys, I decided to re-install GS3.12.
    Can I ask please for a step by step, how I should do this without getting into the re-registration nightmare?
    Thanks

Ted
    GS3 has an option to back up your registration.

Hi, Ted. Sorry to hear you're still struggling with the same problem. From your previous thread...

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=45909

... I got the idea that it was likely a soundcard install/config issue. Or perhaps a multi-client thing related to how the driver deals with other audio sources in addition to gs3. If nothing changes after uninstalling/reinstalling gs3, you might want to try the same with your sound card.

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by kitekrazy
    GS3 has an option to back up your registration.
    Yes, but it does only help, if you do not change the PC configuration to a certain extend.

:-) Jovan
    the man with the blue guitar

er... Ted?
    — alanb

http://alanb.org

http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

Thank you all.
    I uninstalled GS3, then re installed it, without any problem since the licence was backed up. Now I have yo download 3.12, which is a pain bacause I have only dial-up connection which times out before the download finishes.
    I do not know yet if this helped the " notes stuck-problem", will see.
    Thanks again, will report back if this works, it may help somebody with similar problem.
    Ted

Why not access the download page from a computer other than your own, say at a local printer, download to a 3.5, then install whenever you wish? Or am I missing something?
    -Rajay

My old knoby knees start to hurt badly. Not because your help did not come in, it did, but because my problem is still there.
    Tascam Tech Service, an older gentleman this time, helped a little, because I was reporting to him that the MIDI Monitor (Mixing Page Bottom right corner) is flashing between External Midi and the tiny keyboard. He said double clicking should set it right. Double click had no effect at all. Port1 is flashing also when no Midi activity of any kind is happening. When I look at View-Midi Monitor, every time the sequencer (HS2004) is started, I can see the expected Midi data being received by GS, but, I also see 3 lines which make no sense to me: on Port 8 ( which I do not use at all and is empty) 3 lines on Chs 14,15,16 Local Control (122) with 0 values. Is this normal?
    I agree that my problem description is not properly organized, but, hope you will understand that my logical thinking is totally gone by now..( my knee hursts too). Looking at possibilities for the problem, I looked at my soundcard AP2496 settings. In GS System settings the Midi In Ch 1 was empty. Tried to make the choice for AP Delta, GS deleted it, the line said it is In USE. No program is using it. Checked in HS, more than one Midi Input was selected. Selected only one, restarted all. Now I had in System settings Midi In AP 1-2 selected by GS. No difference. Tried " None".
    Now the External Midi-Little Keyboard flashing is gone, but Port 1 is still flashing as before, indicating Midi activity.
    This is where it is now, the original problem of notes carrying on is still comming as often as before. I can work maybe a half hour before I start to get so mad, I start banging the keyboard as I become tired of resetting HS.
    Maybe this is all because I have HS and GS running on the same PC?
    I do not know .
    I love GS. Would I have less problems with Kontakt 2?
    Who ever had the patience to read this through, May the Lord bless you with all you desire (secretly).

Ted

Go Back to forum