• Register
  • Help

Topic: Lexicon core 2 & logic

Share/Bookmark

Lexicon core 2 & logic

Please can anyone help me out. I just got the lexicon core 2 to use with Logic on pc. I configured the audio device within logic in the \"Audio drivers & hardware\" Tab and also within Lexicon under the \"Core 2\" Tab, i configured it by having the input and output buttons pressed inn. The major problem i\'m having is that after i arm the audio track within logic to start recording and i have my mic input through one of the in\'s on the lexicon, it does not initiate recording.I mean it\'s like, its not getting no input at all. I wandered if anyone has ever had this problem...could it be that i have not set something on within logic or lexicon or is it that the audio hardware itself has fault...I did also check the outputs which seem to be working fine as i loaded up a wav file into the sequencer to go out into my desk and this works fine but its just the input that i\'m having problem with...........
    Please help! if you can...cheers.

Quincy

Re: Lexicon core 2 & logic

Dude..
    You need to go to
    Program/emagic/setup devices/..
    Logic audio should go through a setup testing your audio card...
    Then check in the audio page and setup your device..Asio/easi/mme/pcav. Depending on your card..
    Also setup where your files are going...
    D:/audio files..
    Hit #9 got audio I/O page..
    Make sure you\'re sending output to the right channel...
    Good luck..
    Brian

Re: Lexicon core 2 & logic

Hi Brian, thanx for the last tip, it worked...but i seem to be having another one..dotn know if you can help..here they are

Problem:

1. When i arm an audio track to record and have my input going into my ASIO device(lexicon core 2 studio system), i can record vocals or any type of audio into logic but my problem is that the level metering does not work...i mean i cannot monitor the input level within the audio mixer page. I must be doing somehting wrong or have not set something up because whenever i test out the demosongs within logic, it opens out and the level metering works, but whenever i get back to my file i\'m working on, it does not...do i need to set something i\'m forgeting too....i have check the reference manual back and forth but it does not mention any of this in it.

2. Whenever i move the sliders across any open window (arrange or any of the editors)while a track is playing
    the tempo of the track slows down and also i hear noises like pops, scratches and clicks...like a dragging noise...and might i mention my system configuration (Pentium III 815E intel chipset, 512MB memory, IBM H/D with 46.1GB, 7200rpm). which i\'m nt sure might be the problem cos it handles fine when i open up the demo songs in logic, which are all audio files in comparison to my midi files.....

i\'m under huge stress adn behind on projects, could you plese help...thanx very much in advance....
    My details as requested are down below:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by seclusion:
    Dude..
    You need to go to
    Program/emagic/setup devices/..
    Logic audio should go through a setup testing your audio card...
    Then check in the audio page and setup your device..Asio/easi/mme/pcav. Depending on your card..
    Also setup where your files are going...
    D:/audio files..
    Hit #9 got audio I/O page..
    Make sure you\'re sending output to the right channel...
    Good luck..
    Brian
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go Back to forum