• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: GPO Piccolo Trumpet Demo

Share/Bookmark

GPO Piccolo Trumpet Demo

Everybody,

I wrote a demo piece for the GPO piccolo trumpet this morning.

All of the instruments are from the Garritan Personal Orchestra sample library.

Here it is.

Regards to all,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: GPO Piccolo Trumpet Demo

This was a lot of work, so I'm bumpin' it before it slides into cyber infinity, never to be heard from again.

LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Thought I'd bump this up for you again Larry

I'm no brass player but I reckon you would have to blow a mean trumpet to perform this one. Maybe its the mix of instruments but I hear something Spanish in there somewhere....
    What were the instruments in the accompaniment?

Nice, frantic stuff.

Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by tboswell
    Thought I'd bump this up for you again Larry

I'm no brass player but I reckon you would have to blow a mean trumpet to perform this one. Maybe its the mix of instruments but I hear something Spanish in there somewhere....
    What were the instruments in the accompaniment?

Nice, frantic stuff.

Tom.
    There's nothing difficult at all about the trumpet part. With the piccolo trumpet, high notes are easy. It's the nature of the small instrument.

There are two insertions of the GPO string samples that include all strings.

Thanks for listening.

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Cornet was my first instrument and I did enjoy your demo. I can tell you put some work into this.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane
    Cornet was my first instrument and I did enjoy your demo. I can tell you put some work into this.

Phil
    Greetings to you, Phil, up in the beautiful NorthWest.

Thanks. I am glad that you liked it.

LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Nice work, Larry!

The piccolo trumpet sounds superb!

Best
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by jonray
    Nice work, Larry!

The piccolo trumpet sounds superb!

Best
    Jon
    Thanks, old bean. I appreciate the good words.

Cheerio,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Just so you know Larry, that would be impossible to play. You need to leave gaps for for the player to breathe quite frequently. The piccolo trumpet requires less air than a regular trumpet but is much harder to play and requires great air support.

The widest interval jumps that you've written would be really hard (especially on picc). I'm not much a picc player, so I won't say they're impossible, but they would certainly be a serious challenge for even the best player.

I like the composition though and there's some nice work on articulations that you've done there.

Sounds good. Just need some breathing space.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by dabbler
    Just so you know Larry, that would be impossible to play. You need to leave gaps for for the player to breathe quite frequently. The piccolo trumpet requires less air than a regular trumpet but is much harder to play and requires great air support.

The widest interval jumps that you've written would be really hard (especially on picc). I'm not much a picc player, so I won't say they're impossible, but they would certainly be a serious challenge for even the best player.

I like the composition though and there's some nice work on articulations that you've done there.

Sounds good. Just need some breathing space.

Rich
    Are you familiar with "circular breathing", whereby the performer catches a quick breath at the end of phrases, sometimes "stealing" time from the last note in a phrase?

I have known only one piccolo trumpeter in my lifetime, but he would have no trouble whatsoever playing this work, difficult intervals and all. The classical music world abounds with piccolo trumpet works that make my little dab of music look like "a piece of cake".

However, let it be known that I am in no way a piccolo trumpet expert.

I am grateful for your comments.

Best regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast