• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: VSL VI Demo-- Copland

VSL VI Demo-- Copland

When my wife sat down to listen to this piece I didn't tell her the title. She imagined she was living in Brooklyn drinking coffee and watching the day progress through a brownstone window-- from the neighborhood waking up in the morning to the hustle and bustle of the shopkeepers to the eventual winding down of the day and the coming of night. The second time she listened she thought of Sydney Poitier.

The name of this Copland piece is "Quiet City." And while my wife's reveries are her own, Copland's Quiet City is a very evocative work.

This performance uses VSL VI strings (including new Appassionata Violins), the VSL VI French-Style English horn, and the VSL VI solo trumpet in C.

Feedback is always encouraged!

Re: VSL VI Demo-- Copland

Lovely work, Jay. The legato trumpet is stunning.

Damon Sink
    G5 Dual 2 GHz, P4 3.8GHz, Logic Pro 7, Digital Performer, EWQLSO Platinum Pro XP, VSL, Kontakt2, Finale

Beautiful work, as ever Jay.
    I didnt know this piece before.

The problem with your mockups ( like DPDan's) is, I always mean to notice all the tiny details of midi control you employ, and instead I always just get lost in the music instead.

Those violins sound rather ravishing in places.

regards Joe

Chapel Hill, NC

Your performances + demonstrations are always appreciated, Jay. Great work!

very very good. really convincing. vivid and breathing. what seldom happens that i lean back and enjoy the music without analysing it. drives me to tears that I'll never be able to afford these vienna instruments. alone the full version of string bodies costs 2000 bucks....

Solos are really impressive.

You play an entire orchestra as Pollini does with the piano ;-)

Have you ever considered the possibility of rendering unpublished or very rarely performed historical works and make a whole CD?

this is really stunning work. i wonder what a concert music critic would say to this? Are we at the point now where the realism is close enough that phrasing and interpretation could be seriously critiqued? the violins sound perfect btw.

Wonderful work. It would be interesting to see what you could do with some selected pieces from Porgy & Bess too.

Wonderful Jay !!!
    Your feeling and emotion came through clear as a bell !

Very nice!

Go Back to forum