• Register
  • Help

Topic: Audiocard on Dedicated GS Computer

Share/Bookmark

Audiocard on Dedicated GS Computer

I had enough headache to run Cubase and Gigastudio on same computer...

I have two computer.
    one is PIII800EB, 256MB which i used to run both applications on and another is PIII, 128MB which i didn\'t use at all...

I\'m using CubaseVST5/32 as sequencer and harddisk recording.

Since i used two application in one computer and shared my Darla20 asio/gfis, it took me 20 or more minutes to mixdown few second of tracks without click and pops( which i don\'t get when i just play). and also i had to shut down the computer often because of those MSG32 errors(from my know-how, i usually got this error message when there was too much midi traffic, these days i get 160polyphony without crashing since i used GSFIX...)

What computer i should use for harddisk recording? and what i should use for GS?

How is Audiophile audiocard from M-Audio for dedicated GS computer? My budget is barely under $200....

and i know i need a midi interface which has 4ins but i don\'t think i need outs right? what midi interface would you recomend?

Thanx for help in advance...

Re: Audiocard on Dedicated GS Computer

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Donniek:
    [B]I had enough headache to run Cubase and Gigastudio on same computer...

I stopped using Cubase. It\'s just the most performance-consuming sequencer on the market. Get rid of it. Cakewalk does the job with less headaches and more throughput.

Go Back to forum