• Register
  • Help

Topic: First GPO

First GPO

I'd like to introduce myself and to present my first piece in GPO.

There are also two Jazz-like pieces:

Small ensemble: http://rednosepress.de/MP3/School%27s%20out.mp3

And a Blues: http://rednosepress.de/MP3/Ich%20bin%20zu%20einsam.mp3

Re: First GPO

A good start Locis, sounds like you were having fun with it. Enjoyed the the "School's Out' piece too.
    Although people often put on too much, I thought the GPO piece would have benefited from a touch of reverb. Sounded quite dry to me. Also with a little more care the you can get the samples sounding much more expressive. What sequencing software did you use?

Keep em coming

Thanks for the warm words. Excuse please my bad English. I learned it not well in school... .

The reverb is an extra theme. I tried some and find, it was too much. But you are right, it have to be more, I should experiment with it. The next will be better.

West Seneca, NY

And a nice big warm welcome Locis! Very nice I particularly like your handling of the woodwinds and percussion. A bit of reverb will be a extra nice touch I concur.
    Always enjoy first pieces with GPO and meeting new inspiring musicians! Keep up the excellent work and please post more!

Thank you, Styxx, I should now learn more about my Library. To do so, I want to realize some classic Music from Beethoven and Prokofieff. When I find, I control my instrument, I'll write a new piece.

Welcome, Locis!

We are glad to have you with us.

Very good writing in *both* of these pieces. I much enjoyed
    listening to them.

Locis, the "sound treatment" (the reverb) -- this you will learn
    quickly enough as you experiment. We all have difficulty with
    this at first (my first piece sounded like it was played in a
    football stadium... lol).

Come back soon with more!

All my best,

Dallas, TX

Very nice, I enjoyed all of it but particularly the Clarinet part, beautiful. Looking forward to hearing more.

I also liked School's Out, and loved Ich bin zu einsam.

Thankyou, etLux for listening and your advice. I think, I have now a solution for my reverb-problem: I play the Music into the reverb and don't try to change the reverb after I write the music.

@ Leaf: I like the clarinetpart, too. Is a little bit inspired by Mozarts Clarinetto Concert.

Penfield (Rochester), NY

Good writing. I especially enjoyed the Ich bin zu einsam. It has a sound very much like a detective movie of the 1930's. You will have much fun using GPO on other works that you have as well.

Go Back to forum