• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problem reinstalling gigastudio

Share/Bookmark

Problem reinstalling gigastudio

I`m having problems re-installing gigastudio. I did a complete uninstall and re-installed on a different hard drive but after I install on the new hard drive I keep getting an error message "UVI engine error ERROR ID:3 could not load .dat file" any thoughts or suggestions to resolve this problem?

thanks

Rick

Re: Problem reinstalling gigastudio

UVI engine is what Atmosphere and Trilogy and some other libraries are run on. It's probably coming up when you scan your VST directory. Move any VSTs based on the UVI engine out of Giga's scan path, and see if that solves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfalfa
    UVI engine is what Atmosphere and Trilogy and some other libraries are run on. It's probably coming up when you scan your VST directory. Move any VSTs based on the UVI engine out of Giga's scan path, and see if that solves it.
    Thanks. How do I determine giga`s scan path and where should I move the vst directory ? Gigastudio is on drive f by itself, the atmos and trilogy are on drive g and c

thanks

Rick

Don't launch Giga.

Launch the Giga "Configuration Manager."

It's in there somewhere (I'm not in front of that machine, so I cannot be mroe specific)...
    — alanb

http://alanb.org

http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

Quote Originally Posted by sunra
    Thanks. How do I determine giga`s scan path and where should I move the vst directory ? Gigastudio is on drive f by itself, the atmos and trilogy are on drive g and c

thanks

Rick
    Do what alanb said. You might want to make a different VST folder for Gigastudio to scan. Then copy only the VSTs you want Giga to scan into that folder. Then in the configuration manager, as alanb describes, you can change Giga's settings to scan this new VST folder.

Interestingly, I have Atmosphere, and Gigastudio just blocks it for me.

much thanks

Rick

Go Back to forum