• Register
  • Help

Topic: CPU requirements/load for White Grand, etc.

Share/Bookmark

CPU requirements/load for White Grand, etc.

I searched for this info and couldn't find it. Obviously the full versions will be more intensive load-wise, but using this to choose what will best work for me, I ask:

I still am using a G4 dual with 1G ram, which I will be expanding one day. For now, I haven't run into a problem. I'll be using them in LogicPro in the EXS. I'm interested in the 24bit White Grand, WG Jr., TSO, or SG88. Sampletekk, all your pianos are beautiful. Tough choices. Maybe their requirements will help me decide.

Am wanting primarily great sounding piano to sit well in my mixes with possible isolated short solo.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Re: CPU requirements for White Grand, etc.

I have a Windows XP home, AMD 64 2.8ghz with 2GB ram and it works fine

One of the best pianos I have ever played.

Mike

Re: CPU requirements/load for White Grand, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by macmuse
    I searched for this info and couldn't find it. Obviously the full versions will be more intensive load-wise, but using this to choose what will best work for me, I ask:

I still am using a G4 dual with 1G ram, which I will be expanding one day. For now, I haven't run into a problem. I'll be using them in LogicPro in the EXS. I'm interested in the 24bit White Grand, WG Jr., TSO, or SG88. Sampletekk, all your pianos are beautiful. Tough choices. Maybe their requirements will help me decide.

Am wanting primarily great sounding piano to sit well in my mixes with possible isolated short solo.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.
    Hi.

All the pianos that you talk about, except the White Grand, will work great on your system.
    I'd go for maybe 500Mb mor RAM before trying the White Grand 24 bit.
    You can get the WG Jr now, it's a subset of White Grand, and then upgrade to the White Grand when you got more RAM.
    OR, you can get it now, since all our instruments are selling at 50% with the ongoing groupbuy!
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Worra, Thanks. You probably get these questions, but how would you describe the WG Jr versus the Vertikal pop since both are geared to pop/mix stuff?

Also, SG88 or TSO. I feel silly with such a dilemna but it is really hard to narrow it down since they are all so nice and unfortunately I have to choose.

I will be getting the RainPiano, along with another one.

Which would be more versatile in terms of musical styles and within the mix: the WG Jr, SG88, Vertikal pop or TSO?

Thank you.

I wouldn't say you'll definitely succeed by adding RAM unless you have a good size processor which you don't mention. I have a Dual450 and wouldn't expect much pedal down polyphony from it.

Quote Originally Posted by macmuse
    Worra, Thanks. You probably get these questions, but how would you describe the WG Jr versus the Vertikal pop since both are geared to pop/mix stuff?

Also, SG88 or TSO. I feel silly with such a dilemna but it is really hard to narrow it down since they are all so nice and unfortunately I have to choose.

I will be getting the RainPiano, along with another one.

Which would be more versatile in terms of musical styles and within the mix: the WG Jr, SG88, Vertikal pop or TSO?

Thank you.
    The main difference between WG Jr and Vertikal is that WG Jr is a Grand and Vertikal is an upright.
    SG88 is also a grand piano, in fact, the same used for WG, a Malmsjo built in the 30's. TSO is a grand. A Yamaha C7
    The Rain Piano is also an upright, but set up in a way so it produces a lot more overtones giving it a very special sound.
    If it's pop/rock you are playing, I'd go for TSO or WG Jr. Both pianos has proven to work extremly well both in live perfomances and in a mix.
    For more laid back stuff, I'd go for the SG88, Vertiakl or the Rain Piano.
    With the prices on these piano now, since they are sold ewith 50% discount, you can probably pick up a few!
    WG Jr and TSO has upgrade pathes to their bigger cousins, White Grand and TBO.
    If you get, say Rain Piano for the upright, rougher sound, then go for WG Jr or TSO for the brighter, more modern sound, WH Jr being a bit brighter and in-your face, you should be covered piano-wise, for a while!
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Go Back to forum