• Register
  • Help

Topic: Soundblaster Vibrta 128 MIDI interface won't work after system goes on standby

Share/Bookmark

Soundblaster Vibrta 128 MIDI interface won\'t work after system goes on standby

I\'m using a Creative Labs Vibra 128 for my MIDI interface. It\'s working fine, except for the fact that if I put my system on standby, and then resume, the MIDI interface doesn\'t work, and I have to reboot. Just wondering whether anyone else has encountered this and has a solution.

Thanks,
    Greg.

Re: Soundblaster Vibrta 128 MIDI interface won\'t work after system goes on standby

Hi Greg !

You may hate this,but I would suggest you to disable the standby/power saving features of windows. They\'re known to cause numerous problem like the one you encounter.
    Don\'t know specifically for your soundcard, but it happened to me with various sound cards/Mobo.
    Greg, if your the OZ guy from the Wurlitzer (and the Cp80) gig files, I\'d like to thank you a million times for this beautiful sound. I\'ve used this Wurli on so many occasions !!! I love it !

Hope this helps,

Bifop

Re: Soundblaster Vibrta 128 MIDI interface won\'t work after system goes on standby

Thanks Bifop. It seems a shame to not use standby/resume - everything else seems to be working just fine. Standby/resume is much nicer than rebooting.

Thanks for the nice words. (yes, I am the author of the Wurly & CP80 GIGs)

FYI - I shall ask about this issue in one or more soundcard newsgroups as well.

Greg.

Go Back to forum