• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question about upcoming Marching Band library

Share/Bookmark

Question about upcoming Marching Band library

I've seen conflicting information: will the upcoming Marching/Concert Band library work with Finale 2006 or must we upgrade to 2007 in order to use it in Finale? Thanks!

Re: Question about upcoming Marching Band library

Quote Originally Posted by ALynn
    I've seen conflicting information: will the upcoming Marching/Concert Band library work with Finale 2006 or must we upgrade to 2007 in order to use it in Finale? Thanks!
    The Marching Band library will definitely work with Finale 2007. I am not sure about Kontakt 2 support in Finale 2006 and this is a question you need to ask MakeMusic.

Gary Garritan

Has a ship date been set? When can we order? Will some demos be posted soon?

Signed,
    Drooling in Texas

I have approx $150...can I place that money down on a pre-order?
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

My question to MakeMusic:

Submission Date: 7/21/2006 8:55:07 PM (Central Standard Time)
    Submitter: Alan Lynn

I am interested in the upcoming Garritan Marching/Concert Band library and have contacted Garritan regarding its compatability with Finale 2006, but they tell me that I need to talk to MakeMusic instead because they are not sure about support for the Kontakt2 player in Finale 2006. So will I be able to use the new Marching Band library in Finale 2006 or is Finale 2007 required to operate with the new library? Thank you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The response I received from MakeMusic:

Submission Date: 7/24/2006 8:45:21 AM (Central Standard Time)
    Submitter: Customer Support Agent

Hello,
    It is hard to say for this, as the Kontakt 2 Player we are including with Finale 2007 is not complete. As of this point, it seems like that player will work. We also do not know if this will be any different than the player that will be included with the Garritan Marching Band.

Phil
    Customer Support Team Leader
    MakeMusic, Inc
    http:\\support.makemusic.com
    -----------------------------------

So basically I'm back at square one!?!?!? I'd rather not pay for the Finale upgrade since there are no other new features that really appeal to me, but if I must spend the extra $100 in order to use the new Garritan library, it will be a small price to pay. If it is anywhere near as good as GPO, it will be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by ALynn
    So basically I'm back at square one!?!?!? I'd rather not pay for the Finale upgrade since there are no other new features that really appeal to me, but if I must spend the extra $100 in order to use the new Garritan library, it will be a small price to pay. If it is anywhere near as good as GPO, it will be amazing.
    Thanks Alyn for the kind words. I would like to know the answer to this myself. The Marching Band is being designed to work in Finale 2007. Native Instruments will not allows us to make any more old Kontakt 1 Player, so any new libraries must be a Kontakt 2 Player library. To my knowledge Finale 2007 will support our Kontakt Player 1 and 2 libaries. As to whether previous version Finale 2006 will support the newest Kontakt 2 player is something only MakeMusic can answer. If I find out anything more I'll let you know.

Gary Garritan

Question Re: Question about upcoming Marching Band library

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Thanks Alyn for the kind words. I would like to know the answer to this myself. The Marching Band is being designed to work in Finale 2007. Native Instruments will not allows us to make any more old Kontakt 1 Player, so any new libraries must be a Kontakt 2 Player library. To my knowledge Finale 2007 will support our Kontakt Player 1 and 2 libaries. As to whether previous version Finale 2006 will support the newest Kontakt 2 player is something only MakeMusic can answer. If I find out anything more I'll let you know.

Gary Garritan
    Now that Finale 2007 is shipping, have we heard anything further on the issue of the Marching Band library working with Finale 2006?

If Gary has the intention of updating Garritan Studio to work with the Marching Band library, then you'd be able to interface it with Finale 2006 with no problem.

Jeff

I have been successful copying Garritan dll folders into either version of Finales' VST folder. Then you should be able to access the instruments in Finale by clicking on MIDI, " play through Native Instruments VST," then click on "Native Instruments VST setup" and there is a drop down arrow to select the library you want to use, and an "edit" box to choose instruments, etc.
    Regards, John

Go Back to forum