• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO MIDI File Translator?

Share/Bookmark

GPO MIDI File Translator?

I have seen mention on this forum of a Java program called something like "GPO Standard MIDI file translator". Yet, I haven't seen that program anywhere, either on my GPO CDs, or available for download. I am curious to see/try it out.

I know there is an MFX by Markleford that does the same thing, and I have used that before. I guess I'm just curious, how the java applet works. Does anyone know where I can download it?

Re: GPO MIDI File Translator?

I have the MIDI File Translator here that was included with GPO. I don't find much use of it though as I do little work with MIDI files. I did try it out and all it does is just optimizes MIDI files for playback in GPO.
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

Quote Originally Posted by maiki
    I have seen mention on this forum of a Java program called something like "GPO Standard MIDI file translator". Yet, I haven't seen that program anywhere, either on my GPO CDs, or available for download. I am curious to see/try it out.

I know there is an MFX by Markleford that does the same thing, and I have used that before. I guess I'm just curious, how the java applet works. Does anyone know where I can download it?
    Well, the file can be downloaded from

www.garritan.com

It adds a cc1 value for every velocity value of every instrument, even those that won't use it. The main disadvantage is that it makes reading the events log difficult because of the clutter. I find the GPO midi filter quite the best way to go.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland
    Well, the file can be downloaded from

www.garritan.com

It adds a cc1 value for every velocity value of every instrument, even those that won't use it. The main disadvantage is that it makes reading the events log difficult because of the clutter. I find the GPO midi filter quite the best way to go.

Richard
    The one on Garritan.com is still only the MIDIFX version. The old stand-alone JAVA version seems to be gone for good. I think this is the version maiki is referring to. It wasn't very good. It created a terrassed CC#1 landscape; the volume wood jump up and down.

Quote Originally Posted by maiki

maiki,

If you email I can send it to you. The solution developed by Markelford works very well and is a more elegant solution. We are also going to be releasing a General MIDI library soon which will need bo translation.

Gary Garritan

(A new GPO owner here...)

I certainly would be interested in this Standard Midi File converter.
    From what I read elsewhere it also appears to be "cleaning up" the midi tracks.

Was this abandoned because the plug-in does a better job, or because of the additional user effort required because it is a Java program?

Thanks!

Go Back to forum