• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Finale 2006 has no GPO?

Share/Bookmark

Finale 2006 has no GPO?

I've installed GPO some time ago and just tonight installed Finale 2006 for the first time. I don't see Garritan stuff in there anywhere.... do I need to set up Finale in order to use it?

How?

"AAAAUUUUGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!" -- Charlie Brown

Re: Finale 2006 has no GPO?

Hello,

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMax
    do I need to set up Finale in order to use it?

How?

take the second cd from Finale and dont forget to register

Hajo
    ---
    ... indessen wandelt harmlos droben das Gestirn

wouldn't that just be for the built-in Garritan? I want to use the FULL GPO that I have here.

Hello,

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMax
    wouldn't that just be for the built-in Garritan? I want to use the FULL GPO that I have here.
    that's right. You have to copy the garritan.dll ??? from the orginal garritan folder into the appropriate finale folder. Then click in the midi-menue that you want to play the sounds via the native instruments and try to configure the native instruments afterwards you will find in the drop down menue two entries one for "finale gpo" and one for "gpo". Now you only have to choose right one.

Sorry couldnt give you the english menue entries. I have only the german ones

Hajo
    ---
    ... indessen wandelt harmlos droben das Gestirn

...and make sure you've installed the "notation" version of GPO from the most recent GPO update. By default it does not install. If you already have the standard update installed, just do a custom install of the notaion version.

Jeff

...um.... what?

I'm more than a little confused here....

I am too. It would be nice if someone that REALLY knows and uses Finale 2006 would post a checklist of things to do if you already have GPO installed on your computer.

I know, it's probably in the manual and there is always Finale Support to call too, but if we had a checklist somewhere on the Forum, anyone using or thinking about using Finale 2006 would be ahead of the confusion.

Just a thought........

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Is overture easier than this? I may have used Finale in the past, but I'll make the switch if it sorts out a lot of this confusion.

It's important that you are using the latest updates
    for both Finale and GPO.

You might check to be sure that you are. If you're
    back a step or two, you can indeed have difficulties.

Very, very frequently the "shipping" versions of
    software (on CD or DVD) will lag behind on versions;
    and may not reflect necessary improvements or added
    features you need.

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Even if you have and intend to use the full version of GPO you should still install the integrated Finale version. Why? Because it contains some things that don't exist in the full version of GPO - things tailored specifically for Finale. For example, solo strings, that use different programming and a set of samples that aren't contained in the full version of GPO. During installation of the integrated Finale version the .dll file will be placed in the correct VST folder so that it will appear properly in Finale.

For the full version of GPO, the installation routine for the update asks you if you wish to install the notation version. Checking this option should install the full notation version .dll file in the correct Finale folder (or give you the choice to direct it to that folder,) assuming you have Finale properly installed on your system. Otherwise, as Hajo described, you can copy the full GPO .dll file to the Finale VST folder. If you can't locate the correct Finale folder do a search for .dll files to find it (another good reason to already have the integrated Finale version installed.)

Tom

Go Back to forum