• Register
  • Help

Topic: Jonny's Filmscores at the Indie Gathering

Share/Bookmark

Jonny's Filmscores at the Indie Gathering

Hey everyone,

I just thought that you guys would like to know that two of the films that I scored, Murder at Midnight and Broken Oath are being shown at the Indie Gathering in Cleveland, Ohio, on August 4th, 5th, and 6th.

Broken Oath was written and performed exclusively with GPO. :-)

Both films were written and directed by my good friend, Jeff Yanik (http://www.myspace.com/jeffyanik). Murder at Midnight has won "Best Horror Short" this year.

Murder at Midnight is also being shown at a Canadian Film Festival (I can't remember which one right now) that same weekend.

Unfortunately, my webpage is down right now, but parts of both of the scores are available on my MySpace page at http://www.myspace.com/jonathoncox.

I will be unable to attend, so if anyone in the area does attend, maybe you can give us the lowdown on it.

I'll keep you guys updated.

Talk to you soon,
    Jonny

By the way, for those of you wondering, Laura is doing just fine. I've built a website to keep everyone up to date on our progress. Here's the URL: www.jonathoncox.com/lilone.htm. If you check it out, please sign the guestbook so we can see who has been there. Thanks.
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Re: Jonny's Filmscores at the Indie Gathering

That's great news about the film! I remember "Murder at Midnight", I enjoyed watching it when you posted some while back. The honor is well deserved, both for you, the filmaker and all involved!

I checked out your website -- possibility of twins huh? You're in for some good times (and I'm not being facetious ) Our twin girls turn 2 tomorrow. There's extra work up front to be sure, but it's an absolute blast! Well, whether or not you have 1, 2 or even 3 parenthood is as good as it gets and you have my hearty congratulations!

Best wishes for a healthy pregnancy!

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by jcbryson1
    That's great news about the film! I remember "Murder at Midnight", I enjoyed watching it when you posted some while back. The honor is well deserved, both for you, the filmaker and all involved!

I checked out your website -- possibility of twins huh? You're in for some good times (and I'm not being facetious ) Our twin girls turn 2 tomorrow. There's extra work up front to be sure, but it's an absolute blast! Well, whether or not you have 1, 2 or even 3 parenthood is as good as it gets and you have my hearty congratulations!

Best wishes for a healthy pregnancy!

Jon
    WOW Jonny!! Congrats on the film scores and more importantly on the TWINS!!!? I am so happy for you.

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Thumbs up Re: Jonny's Filmscores at the Indie Gathering

Awesome Jonny and Congratulations! Hey, I'm a twin. Twins are the best!
    Styxx

Johnny:

Congratulations on your film scores. I listened and they are great.

I'm also an identical twin. Had an interesting time when I was kid--sometimes other kids would just come up to me an punch me out for no reason (other than they thought I was my brother). Learned self-defense and took boxing lessons and the threats disappeared. Actually, I looked forward to any altercations after that................could put my skills to work.

But, your music is very descriptive and fits well with the film genre.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Wonderful news, Jonny!

Many congratulations!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Congratulations Jonathon!

That's wonderful news that the films you scored are being shown at the Indie Gathering.

I hope some of our members can attend if they are in the area. Let us know how the showing goes.

Nice website for the Lil' One'. All our best to Laurie and hope the remaining 244 days are smooth sailing. Twins possible? Double doses of ginger candy!

All our best,

Gary

Go Back to forum