• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: DVZ...anyone heard about this?

Share/Bookmark

DVZ...anyone heard about this?

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shown...m?newsid=3264#

*drools*

Well, some of the things I can do without, like the fancy touchpad and the like because I still write by hand (in sequencers) but having that translation technology would be SO awesome. HOWEVER, I think this is going to run well over the price for VSL's cube, so I better crap my pants when I hear the actual audio demos (can't hear too well on this video). Any thoughts? Anyone know something I don't? POST DAMNIT!

James

BTW, 5GBs? Is that possible?
    "PRODUCER TO ARTIST: I don't care if that grace note on the snare hit in bar 9085 works! This is dub 'n bass acid house penis, not ~~~~ing house dub 'n acid bass penis with a twist!" - Nick Batzdorf

Re: DVZ...anyone heard about this?

Very interesting, I would also like to find out the price.. Have to admit the strings had a nice sound to them..

The idea in theory sounds AMAZING! We will have to see if it works in application, and at what price, but I'm very excited about the direction music technology is taking!!

From what I can hear through the noise its the best samples strings I have ever heard... And the price will reflect this - have no doubt

Yeah, I have a feeling the price is going to reflect what he saved... $30k plus. I guess we will find out early next year for sure but I hope they get audio demos up before then.

James
    "PRODUCER TO ARTIST: I don't care if that grace note on the snare hit in bar 9085 works! This is dub 'n bass acid house penis, not ~~~~ing house dub 'n acid bass penis with a twist!" - Nick Batzdorf

Thumbs up Re: DVZ...anyone heard about this?

Man, what really freaked me out about hte sonicstate video was when he stated that the string Lib was only 5gig in size!!! yikes..!!

Then, the super fast library load up..All of your articulations are all loaded ready to go..

People, this changes everthing.Even with the fine work VSL has done with their new instrument, the DVZ Audio software and libs are in a 'New Leauge"..
    WOW!!!!!

Wait and see!!!

Quote Originally Posted by James W.G. Smith
    Yeah, I have a feeling the price is going to reflect what he saved... $30k plus. I guess we will find out early next year for sure but I hope they get audio demos up before then.

James
    TOTALLY Incorrect (happily).

I interviewed these folks for a story on them and they consistently repeated that the price would be market competitive.
    Peter L. Alexander
    www.professionalorchestration.com
    www.alexanderpublishing.com
    Learn it right the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by peter269
    TOTALLY Incorrect (happily).

I interviewed these folks for a story on them and they consistently repeated that the price would be market competitive.
    I think he'll be wildly successful if that's the case! Just look at GPO... (That sweet touch-screen setup - that's a little cash. Looks like it really contributes to the speed of working with the system.)

I'm curious, what, in this case, is MARKET COMPETITIVE?

VSL can be market competitive at around $5,000 with all bells and whistles.

EWQL Platinum can be pretty darn market competitive at $2,000 or so.

GPO and KHSO is market competitive at around $200 - $400 thereabouts.

So, which market competitive is this one at?

At the lower end, I'll buy it in a second. At the higher end, well - will have to wait for that major feature film score to come knocking at my door (yeah, right - like that will EVER happen).

Can anyone ballpark figure this pretty cool product (if it delivers).

By the way, if it includes that AWESOME touch screen interface - yeah, EXPENSIVE.

If it includes that dual layer key setup, YEAH, FREAKIN EXPENSIVE.

Enquiring minds would love to know before the 01/07 launch date.

Mike

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast