Topic: A jewel found somewhere...

Share/Bookmark

A jewel found somewhere...

in the other forum...

http://www.herman-witkam.com/audio/ritual.mp3

from Herman Witkam

SergeD

Re: A jewel found somewhere...

I agree it is indeed a jewel. I would pay for this... Indian music or whatever it is is very beautiful when so well ochestrated, this guys site I will bookmark. Thanks for sharing it.

There is a problem however at his website, it plays a very long tract of a showreel or something when you go there, preventing you from being able to click the samples. It woud be much better if that was a much shorter intro with a button to click for the full showreel.

David

I listened to it, but I could not find the jewel.
    Maybe I was in the wrong mood...

:-) Jovan
    the man with the blue guitar

Quote Originally Posted by jovan
    I listened to it, but I could not find the jewel.
    Maybe I was in the wrong mood...

Perhaps you were thinking of a gentlemen's fight, and not a valuable gemstone!

Quote Originally Posted by Hermitage59
    Perhaps you were thinking of a gentlemen's fight, and not a valuable gemstone!

This I cannot understand too...
    Sorry!

This I cannot understand too...
    Sorry!

Forgive me, Jovan. It is a play on words.

A jewel is a precious gemstone, or something of great value, particularly in an artistic sense. (generally speaking)

A Duel, pronounced the same way in English, is generally considered to be an organised combat between two men of noble or 'upper class' society. In earlier European times, this was generally with swords, and at the advent of guns, usually with pistols. (This duel with firearms was at a set distance, often 10 paces. Both 'Duellists' would start with their backs to each other and walk away from each other until they were told to stop by another person present, or both had managed to count to ten. They would then turn, face each other and aim and shoot. Contrary to popular belief, pistols in this time were woefully inaccurate, and in the event of both duellists missing with thier shot, both men would either agree to reload, or agree to consider the matter at dispute 'settled' with honour and public 'courage' kept intact for both.) The distinction of the word 'Duel' as opposed to the word 'fight', was meant to imply a more gentlemanly and therefore more civilised method of trying to kill each other!
    Although a duel can be as simple as the description of two football teams playing against each other, the context i used this 'play in words' in, was one of a combat between two people.

Hope this helps you understand my 'british sense of humour.'

Regards,

Alex.

Thanks, it helped.
    There is really a big difference between the English & Austrian kind of humour.

Thanks, it helped.
    There is really a big difference between the English & Austrian kind of humour.

You are most welcome, Jovan.

regards,

Alex.

The piece brings the listener to another culture (instead of fitting ethnic music to our occidental mood), is well crafted, having no bells and whistles, not played in the hollywood manner. It's a picture in itself.

But it's only an opinion

SergeD

Thanks for posting Serge! and thanks for the kind words David!

Go Back to forum