• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga & Korg Oasys- is THAT o.k. (as well)???

Share/Bookmark

Giga & Korg Oasys- is THAT o.k. (as well)???

Hi!

I wonder if anybody of you has had any experiences with this PCI card. It has 5 Motorola chips on board. Does this already mean: PROBLEMs, PROBLEMs, PROBLEMs???

As far as I see from the specs it has got no GSIF support. Any other way making it possible to use it??? Can I for example run my Delta 66 together with this card in one computer & use the Oasys just for its synth-capabilities & the Delta for recording & Giga???

Thanks much for all your help in advance

------------------
    O.H.

Re: Giga & Korg Oasys- is THAT o.k. (as well)???

Hi,

Oasys - as well as many other professional recording systems - have the problem of not being listed in the Nemesys recommended section. The reason is that recording AND Giga playing is not something that really fits together very well into ONE system yet. The sequencers swallow a lot of system power and so does Giga. I for one gave up looking for the one-system solution. Giga needs its own system. I haven\'t seen anybody claiming yet to record Giga and audio at the same time well or at all. Dealing with all these crash problems and compatibility issues all the time makes you forget makng music. Focusing on the original task, a good hardware sampler does a better job most of the time. It\'s actually functioning.

GearFreak,

Cake v9 and GigaSampler LE working here! Both on the same machine and no audible glitches or relevant tempo instability.
    The only thing to remember is to maintain audio files on a drive while giga files must be on a different drive.
    This setup seems to work.
    CheerZ

Davide, from Italy

------------------

OH,
    the card should work with Delta66.
    Based on the specs, it seems possible to exploit all the fx and synth and mix capabilites of the Oasys even if it\'s not GSIF complaint.

We will have a showcase here at the end of April: I will keep You posted!

Ciao!
    Davide, from Italy

------------------

\"We will have a showcase here at the end of April: I will keep You posted!\"

Ciao!
    Davide, from Italy

Thanks to all for your thoughts on the subject. Davide: I am very interested in how it turns out. If you like you can mail me personally to

harryprivat@aol.com

Thanks again

Harry

Go Back to forum