• Register
  • Help

Topic: How to get "hidden layer" for shakes??

Share/Bookmark

Question How to get "hidden layer" for shakes??

Hi,

Just started using JABB - finding it great, but extremely complex in terms of the ammount of controllers you need to program...

Have figured out most things, but cannot create shakes, as on my sequencer (cubase sx2) the C64 controller appears to have only 2 settings - 0 and 127! All other controllers you can draw in envelopes at any value 0 to 127, but drawing in an envelope for C64, you get only the two extremes, depending on whether you click on the upper or lower half of the midi controller envelope display (at the bottom of the midi editor) - hence, cannot get this hidden layer for shakes!

Is this a problem with cubase (and if so does anyone know if there's a setting somewhere to give a graded scale on the c64 controller?) or am i going about this the wrong way - i have read Tom's shake tutorial, and can find no clues, though the shake samples sound great, and i want them!!

Any help much appreciated - I'm rushing to meet a deadline next week which requires some authentic sounding dixieland!

Re: How to get "hidden layer" for shakes??

Quote Originally Posted by alligatorlizard
    Is this a problem with cubase (and if so does anyone know if there's a setting somewhere to give a graded scale on the c64 controller?) or am i going about this the wrong way
    It's a Cubase thing, but there is a workaround. Open up the Cubase "List Editor." Any existing cc64 values can be modified in the data list. Type a mid value (e.g. 64) for Data 2. That should do the trick.

Tom

Go Back to forum