• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Topic: Logic 7.1 crash whilst saving in OSX 10.4.7

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Logic 7.1 crash whilst saving in OSX 10.4.7

    Hello all you clever Mac people out there in NS land.

    I just upgraded my G5 dual (3.5 2.5) from O SX 10.3.9 to Tiger (O SX 10.4.7) mainly to take advantage of the things that I could run on K2.1, like Lyrical distortion!!

    I'm running Logic 7.1, and while it runs fine it now nearly always crashes when I save a song. The song is saved, but I use a lot of plug ins so you can imagine how frustrating that can be whilst I wait for them to load again. I've ordered Logic 7.2 right away hoping that that might solve the problem.

    Has anyone else come across this?

    I may have mentioned somewhere in this forum that I'm generally pretty busy, and now is no exception - CAN ANYONE HELP..I'D LOVE YOU FOREVER!

    Barrie, pulling out hair in large amounts.

  2. #2

    Re: Logic 7.1 crash whilst saving in OSX 10.4.7

    Is it the same song that keeps crashing or is it a common thing with all of your songs? If it's not the individual file I'd try reinstalling logic, and then maybe reinstalling whatever plug ins you have if that didn't work.
    Tim

  3. #3

    Re: Logic 7.1 crash whilst saving in OSX 10.4.7

    Thanks for that tgfoo, I did all the basic things that normally seem to help with odd behaviour in Logic, like trash the preferences file, without any effect. Then it just seemed to stabilise - I haven't had a recurrence of the problem while working yesterday, has anyone heard of the fact that you have to wear in new software like a pair of shoes?
    I'm hesitating to write this as I start a new day in case I'm chancing with fate, but so far so good!
    Thanks for your help.

    Barrie

  4. #4

    Re: Logic 7.1 crash whilst saving in OSX 10.4.7

    I feel your pain Barrie.
    That's why i downloaded the Nuendo manuals.
    Just to feel better inside.....................

    They've come a long way since the first incarnation.



  5. #5

    Re: Logic 7.1 crash whilst saving in OSX 10.4.7

    Quote Originally Posted by Hermitage59
    I feel your pain Barrie.
    Actually in spite of being really hot and quite humid here in jolly ol' London everything seems fine.. shouldn't tempt fate tho'

    Manuals? what's manuals? opposite of automatic I presume? Manuals are alright until you get the "An error of type 3677*/a67TH33.5+89TYHDVaookjfbahgfjjghnj&^*$% has occurred" nonsense. Look for that in yer manual!!
    Actually, have you SEEN the Logic manual? It's (not bragging I assure you) HUGE!!

    So today I'm a happy Barrie

    What's it like in Moscow?

  6. #6

    Re: Logic 7.1 crash whilst saving in OSX 10.4.7

    Quote Originally Posted by BarrieB
    Actually in spite of being really hot and quite humid here in jolly ol' London everything seems fine.. shouldn't tempt fate tho'

    Manuals? what's manuals? opposite of automatic I presume? Manuals are alright until you get the "An error of type 3677*/a67TH33.5+89TYHDVaookjfbahgfjjghnj&^*$% has occurred" nonsense. Look for that in yer manual!!
    Actually, have you SEEN the Logic manual? It's (not bragging I assure you) HUGE!!

    So today I'm a happy Barrie

    What's it like in Moscow?
    Aaahhh Barrie, 23C, and sunny. The temperatures gone up a little, and mini skirts are back, so everything's fine.

    I'm off for a walk soon in the famous VVTs park, a short tram ride from here. And as for the Logic manual, i have it too, and after reading it several times, i concluded it was fairly inept as a device of instruction or reference.
    I'm pleased to hear you're still up and running though.

    Good Luck!

    Regards,

    Alex.

  7. #7

    Re: Logic 7.1 crash whilst saving in OSX 10.4.7

    Quote Originally Posted by Hermitage59
    Aaahhh Barrie, 23C, and sunny. The temperatures gone up a little, and mini skirts are back, so everything's fine.

    And as for the Logic manual, i have it too, and after reading it several times,
    Alex.
    You READ the manual! Congratulations, I don't know anyone else who has. To be honest I'm a Logic fan, I reckon you can get about quite well without too much reading
    It's around 32C in London (that's steam coming out of my head) and I have a fan on the G5 fans!! Just been down Portobello road for an Ice coffee break (it's my local) and those wearing mini skirts look overdressed!

    Everything still running OK, going to throw Kontakt 2.1 at it tomorrow to screw everything up again!

    Cheers Alex

    Barrie

  8. #8

    Re: Logic 7.1 crash whilst saving in OSX 10.4.7

    Quote Originally Posted by BarrieB
    , has anyone heard of the fact that you have to wear in new software like a pair of shoes?

    Barrie
    No kidding Barrie, but I have that all the time.
    I load some new stuff in, the computer protests, I swear at it, we sit there looking at each other, I announce I am going back to pen and paper.

    2 days later everything is fine, the PC sits there primly......like butter wouldnt melt in its fan.... hey presto, the accursed new software works perfectly.

    I know computers are supposed to be all scientific, and amenable to reason, and all......... but if you ask me.......its more like voodoo.

    regards Joe

  9. #9

    Re: Logic 7.1 crash whilst saving in OSX 10.4.7

    Quote Originally Posted by joaz
    I know computers are supposed to be all scientific, and amenable to reason, and all......... but if you ask me.......its more like voodoo.

    regards Joe
    I'd agree with that Joe, but running naked in circles around my living room, waving a dead chicken in the air and chanting mantra doesn't work for me.

    Ahh well............


  10. #10

    Re: Logic 7.1 crash whilst saving in OSX 10.4.7

    Quote Originally Posted by Hermitage59
    I'd agree with that Joe, but running naked in circles around my living room, waving a dead chicken in the air and chanting mantra doesn't work for me.

    Ahh well............

    May I recommend using a black cockerel (version 2.2) instead.
    Hmmmm I am not sure if the voodoo works or not, but I am starting to like the taste of this Rum.

    regards Joe

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •