• Register
  • Help

Topic: Power Outages

Share/Bookmark

Power Outages

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    I've just been reading of extensive power outages in the States, and soaring temperatures breaking new records, causing a lot of discomfort and worse.

Are you chaps and your families over there in the colonies ok?

Regards, and best wishes,

Alex.

Re: Power Outages

Sure we're OK. The whole world's crazy but we're all right! Actually, I can't speak for the rest of us but here in Beeffalo New York it's not so bad today. It is actually a very beautiful day today! Mid seventies, no rain, blue skies with very white fluffy clouds, and a slight breeze. However, temperatures are expected to warm up by midweek into the 90's again. I'll take it because in two more months the snow will start to fly.
    Thanks for asking. Very kind and thoughtful of you.
    Styxx

I live out in Colorado, which means I'm not in one of the original 13, but things are coming along okay.

Recent rising summer temperatures have made things fairly dry out the past few years. We had a couple of drought condition summers that required water restrictions/rationing especially concerning lawn watering, etc.

However, this summer we've been getting a bit more rain which is encouraging. Not much, but in my city we haven't had any major water restrictions that I know of.

How about our funny talking cousins in the Isles? I've heard things have been hotter than usual on your side as well.

EDIT:

I should mention that in drought conditions, ironically, floods are more likely. As any surge of water can not be properly absorbed into the dry, damaged soil. Haven't had any flooding this summer though
    - Dan

Quote Originally Posted by dannthr
    I live out in Colorado, which means I'm not in one of the original 13, but things are coming along okay.

Recent rising summer temperatures have made things fairly dry out the past few years. We had a couple of drought condition summers that required water restrictions/rationing especially concerning lawn watering, etc.

However, this summer we've been getting a bit more rain which is encouraging. Not much, but in my city we haven't had any major water restrictions that I know of.

How about our funny talking cousins in the Isles? I've heard things have been hotter than usual on your side as well.

EDIT:

I should mention that in drought conditions, ironically, floods are more likely. As any surge of water can not be properly absorbed into the dry, damaged soil. Haven't had any flooding this summer though
    Dan,
    I'm in Moscow at the moment where it's 23C and we're getting our fairly usual brief afternoon rainstorm, so things are very nice.
    I understand things have been a little hotter in Britain though!

Styxx, good to hear you're not getting roasted!

Regards,
    Alex.

I wonder just how much more I can take of this?
    Styxx

Go Back to forum