• Register
  • Help

Topic: Pastorale

Share/Bookmark

Pastorale

Here is a piece I have been working on since April. I am intending it to be the 3rd movement of my Symphonic Tone Poem for Orchestra called: The Reach Beyond Tomorrow. The 1st, 2nd and 4th movements are completed.

Let me know what you think. I feel I need a little bit of "clean-up" in the last third of the piece.

Pastorale

Give it a listen.

Bill

Re: Pastorale

Bill,

The final 3rd sounds good to me... as does first 2 3rds. I especially liked the horns in the middle. Do you play trumpet? Because that sounded awfully good to this guitar player's ears!

It's a pretty uplifting piece. You, like Larry Alexander, seem to be able to write very happy sounding music. I, on the other hand, always sound like I'm in a minor key... even in C maj!

Anyway, when will you post the whole symphonic poem?
    Paul

Prowland the posting Ninja

Paul,

Thank you, and yes, I am a trumpet player (God's instrument you know!)

I will post the complete work when I get all the bugs worked out - but it will be soon.

Bill,

I'm looking forward to it!

I have only recently written any realistic sounding trumpet parts. I have yet to find out if they are obnoxious from the players' point of view.
    Paul

Prowland the posting Ninja

Especially liked the use of dialogue and stretti in
    various places throughout this piece... very effective
    writing.

Nice job on this!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Nice work!

I really enjoyed this arrangement.

Very clean!... There's a nice flow of direction without unnecessary clutter (which I'm often guilty of)

A Great job!

~Jeff

Thanks David and Jeff for the nice comments. This was a difficult one to get out. I wanted another movement but hit the dreaded "wall" and wasn't going anywhere, so I put it away for awhile. The last two-thirds just fell out all at once last week!
    Here is an updated version for those that want to see (hear) the adjustments I made.

Updated Pastorale

Quote Originally Posted by wrayer View Post
    Here is a piece I have been working on since April. I am intending it to be the 3rd movement of my Symphonic Tone Poem for Orchestra called: The Reach Beyond Tomorrow. The 1st, 2nd and 4th movements are completed.

Let me know what you think. I feel I need a little bit of "clean-up" in the last third of the piece.

Pastorale

Give it a listen.

Bill
    Hi Bill,

I went diving deep in our rich archive and found your "Pastorale", which I enjoyed listening to!

It was fun to hear something tonal from you! Great piece!

Fred

Hi Bill,

I get a bad link message on both the original and updated version.

Fredrick - Thanks for giving this piece a listen. This February the entire symphony will be performed live by the Lorain County Community College Orchestra. I will also be selling my book "The Reach Beyond Tomorrow" at the same event.

I am glad you enjoyed the tonal side of me.

Bill

Alan - try the link now, I am not sure why it went bad, but I have repaired the link.
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Go Back to forum