• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can you cascade two Frontier Wavecenters?

Share/Bookmark

Can you cascade two Frontier Wavecenters?

Does anyone know if you can cascade two Frontier Wavecenter cards in a PC for Gigastudio output? I\'m using a Wavecenter on my Gigastudio PC to feed a Yamaha DSP factory on my audio&midi sequencing computer. I get 8 Adat channels now, but would love to be able to feed a full 16 channels into the Yamaha. Two cards also could provide the full 4 midi inports that the Gigastudio can provide.

regards,
    Arch

Re: Can you cascade two Frontier Wavecenters?

I don\'t believe you can, since Giga will only let you use the first card it detects. Hopefully nemesys will have some sort of fix for this in the future.

Ryan.

Though I haven\'t yet checked w/frontier or nemesys, I think you\'re right, ryan. I\'ve heard that now from a second source too.
    Oh well, I guess I could swap it out for a Dakota if comes down to it.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Arch Stanton:
    Though I haven\'t yet checked w/frontier or nemesys, I think you\'re right, ryan. I\'ve heard that now from a second source too.
    Oh well, I guess I could swap it out for a Dakota if comes down to it.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Dakota is a very solid card as well. Or, you could check out RME\'s line of Hammerfall cards. You can get those with 3 adat i/o ports on one board, although you may want to check with other users regarding any conflicts and so on that may be present.

Ryan.

------------------
    Sonic Control
    www.soniccontrol.com
    Giga Users Network at
    www.soniccontrol.com/gigasampler/

Go Back to forum