• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Mozart On Ice

Share/Bookmark

Mozart On Ice

In the spirit of good fun and humor I offer this truely twisted work combining several Mozart themes merged in with Jingle Bells and titled, "Mozart On Ice". I wrote it for the Eastman Tuba Mirum group as sort of a fun thing for them to play for the Christmas concerts or what ever else strikes them appropriate. It is scored for three euphoniums, three tubas and solo sleigh bells.

http://www.garybricault.com/mp3/MozartOnIce.mp3

It is of course performed here by Finale and GPO.

Enjoy!!!

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Re: Mozart On Ice

Did someone say Mozart? Great work! I love it! Very creative mixture of themes and melodies. The perfect elegant joyous Mozart style blends superbly with the catchy Christmas tune. Bravo!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Gary:

A fun piece to say the least, but so well realized with not only GPO but also with Finale. I was blown away at the tempo those euphoniums were playing at near the end. WOW, talk about fingering..........

Great endeavor. I hope the Eastman group saves this for all Christmas Holiday performances in the future.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Well that, that's, that's just (well, obviously...) COOL... lol.

Nice job on this, Gary; fun arrangement.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rhap2
    Gary:

A fun piece to say the least, but so well realized with not only GPO but also with Finale. I was blown away at the tempo those euphoniums were playing at near the end. WOW, talk about fingering..........

Great endeavor. I hope the Eastman group saves this for all Christmas Holiday performances in the future.

Jack
    Thanks for your comments Jack.

Actually the euphoniums AND the tubas have similar fast passages. They did get quite the rise out of the students at the Christmas Holiday performance this past year.

The Tuba Mirum group often performs orchestral transcripions in concert such as the Berlioz "Dance of the Witches Sabbath" and Liszt "Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2". Of course they have to be hosed down afterwards to cool the valves off

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    Did someone say Mozart? Great work! I love it! Very creative mixture of themes and melodies. The perfect elegant joyous Mozart style blends superbly with the catchy Christmas tune. Bravo!
    Thanks for your comments Sean. It was an hoot writing this and trying to think of how to not make it too long and not leave out anything. When you think about these tunes they just sort of fit together in tempo and in form.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Well that, that's, that's just (well, obviously...) COOL... lol.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Wow David and for a moment I thought I had caught you speechless Thanks...it is a COOL piece.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Quote Originally Posted by GaryBric
    Wow David and for a moment I thought I had caught you speechless Thanks...it is a COOL piece.

Gary

www.garybricault.com
    No such luck... lol! That was merely dramatic
    repetition, for sake of emphasis.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Do I hear sleigh bells?

Fantastic Gary! Extremely fun to listen to! It's got me smiling ear to ear!

Great writing and a great performance by GPO/Finale!

Excellent, Gary, Outstanding! Jingle Bells has never been among my favorite Christmas songs, but I like this version a lot.

Preceding "On Ice" with the name of a deceased person...

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast