• Register
  • Help

Topic: Atmosphere reinstall - no joy.....

Share/Bookmark

Wink Atmosphere reinstall - no joy.....

Hi Guys,

I had to uninstall Atmosphere because I seem to have lost my Atmosphere.dat file when I replaced a system drive on my computer with a ghosted copy.

Everything seemed to be fine except I seem to have lost my Atmosphere.dat file off of a completely differnet drive in my re-doing things. How that happened I have no Idea, as everything else in my samples folder was unaffected. I must have somehow deleted it..... or whatever.

In any event, I uninstalled Atmosphere and went to do a fresh install on my system from my original CD's and about 1/5 of the way throug the first disk I get a:

"checksum error unable to proceed because of a problem joining the files, your CD may be corrupted , contact your distributor".

Well my Cd's are in pristine mint condition, and have only been out of their sleeves once, so I'm not sure I understand how it could be my CD's. So I called and e-mailed Spectrasonics tech support and explained this to them.

They suggested trying to reinstall while in "Safe Mode".
    Tried that, got all the way to the very last 10 seconds of disk 6 an hour later and got......the same error.

I reinstalled Absynth immediately thereafter without a hitch. Argh!!

The Atmosphere installer appears to install the plugin OK from what I can tell, but joining this blithering dat file has somehow gone awry.

Any suggestions?

System:

P IV 3.0Ghz
    Asus P4P 800E MOBO
    2 Gigs RAM

5 drives 2 IDE and 2 Sata and 1 plugin drive bay
    1 DVD +- RW DL
    1 CDRW
    Layla 24
    Dual monitors
    Xp Pro SP2
    Cubase 3
    All Spectrasonics Plugs etc etc

Re: Atmosphere reinstall - no joy.....

If i remember correctly, one thing you could try is to save every disk to a diskimage on your harddrive and use those images when installing.

Hans

Talking Re: Atmosphere reinstall - no joy.....

Hi Hans. Thanks!!!

I heard back from Tech support.

They have shipped a DVD to correct the file joining issue.

Thank you Spectrasonics!!!!

P.S> I've received the DVD from Spectrasonics. They shipped it promptly and saved the day as usual!!!

Go Back to forum