• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT Motherboard for Intel Core Duo E6600

OT Motherboard for Intel Core Duo E6600

I apologise for posting this question here but have not had replies to either my post on the Hardware forum, or
    from my email toTascam support(as usual )

I am just putting together a new DAW to run GS3 exclusively, and have ordered the new Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 processor.
    I am trying to decide on a motherboard and have narrowed it to the following two…

Asus P5W-DH-Deluxe (975X chipset)
    Asus P5B Deluxe (P965 chipset)

Would anyone know which chipset would give GS3 better performance and be more stable with?

any help appreciated

Re: OT Motherboard for Intel Core Duo E6600

Still no news from Tascam....anyone help here?

As far as I can see, that chip was just announced within the last few days and availability is just now ramping up. You expect Tascam, or any other audio company, to be out there on the edge with you? We audio folks trail the general computer community by a fair bit. Those who live on the bleeding edge are usually in thin company. Choose a mobo and go for it. Asus is good stuff, probably either one is fine.

- G

Paris, France

You can found useful info about motherboard/chipset "DAW" compatibility on RME Audio website.

Here :

If you choose the latest unproofed technology, you may experience possible drawbacks (like below average latency)

Thanks for the input :-)

I'm putting the following system together for GS3...will be keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well..

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
    Asus P5B Deluxe 775 (P965 chipset)
    Corsair Twinx2048-6400 C4 DDR2
    Sapphire Radeon PCIe X800GT 128MB
    RME HDSP 9632
    WD 80GB 7200 x2 (System and Samples))
    WD Raptor 74GB 10k x2 (Samples) (No Raid)
    Antec P180B case
    Antec True Power 2.0 550w
    Zallman CNPS9500 + Extra front cooling fan
    Pioneer DVD-R

975X is a high-level chipset supporting C2D while 965 is a newer, but in a lower-end and more affordable range utilized in those "amateur" MB.

Meanwhile, both MBs do not have PCI-X adaptor slots, which I think would be a new popular PCI adaptor generation. It could be good, if you can afford, a workstation class MB from Asus (975X chipset).

As Conroe is the newest intel CPU framework, you cannot find any up-to-date information about this in these audio manufacturer websites. However, it seems quite impressive in other computer hardware testing (do a serach on internet), even beating the most powerful AMD FX-62.

Go Back to forum