• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Andy Brick on CBS Evening News

Orcas Island

Andy Brick on CBS Evening News

Andy Brick will be featured on the CBS Evening News tonight at 5 PM.

The segment will focus on game music and what Andy is doing in game audio.

If anyone is watching on the West Coast and could record the segment that would be appreciated.

Gary Garritan

Re: Andy Brick on CBS Evening News

Darn! Caught this post too late to watch.

Hope somebody tapes it...

Congratulations,Andy! Talk about a "major gig"!

Orcas Island

Thumbs up Re: Andy Brick on CBS Evening News

I just watched the CBS Evening News segment "Symphonic Video Gamess" and it was a a feature primarily about Andy.

The segment started out showing Andy at his keyboard composing in his studio while the announcer, Richard Schlesinger, reported that "Andy Brick is an award-winning composer influenced by the classics who is who is now writing and orchestrating music for a whole new audence." As Richard Schlesinger reports "Andy Brick composes music for video games...he is exposing millions of young people to symphonic style music". The announcer mentioned that gaming is a $25 billion dollar a year industry.

Andy was shown several times doing what he does best - conducting. The segment showed him conducting conducting a Czech orchestra playing the theme from "Final Fantasy". And he looked great. The CBS Evening News is veiwed nightly by about 6.5 million viewers.

Way to go Andy. Talk about exposure. Congratulations on such a major acheivement and getting the recognition for bringing symphonic game music to a new generation!

We are fortunate to have Andy Brick as a contributing member of this forum and one of our online professors for the Interactive Principles of Orchestration here on the forum.

Gary Garritan

Congratulations Andy. It's times like these that make all the hard work getting there worth it.............

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Dallas, TX

Oh man, I missed it. Is the one they call nightly news a repeat of the evening news?

edit: check this out, you can still watch it on your computer. The :Top stories has a scroll bar so scroll down and it's there. "Symphonic Video Games"

edit: Very cool news clip, you looked great Andy. Thanks for the heads up Gary.

Awesome Andy!!!!

Thanks Leaf for the link! That looks great Andy, congratulations! Makes me want to go play video games. Awesome stuff, great to see you on the news!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

West Seneca, NY

Thumbs up Re: Andy Brick on CBS Evening News

Wow! Congratulations Andy!

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for the very nice and encouraging words. I think the segment came out very well. I particularly enjoyed the part where they asked me, on the spot, to sing Super Mario and then they cut to a live performance of it and I was in the right key and the right tempo! Wooo hooo!

Thanks to Gary and Tom who arranged to have it recorded for me. It was a very last minute decision to air it last night and by the time I found out it was going to air, It had already aired on the east coast. Unfortuantely I dont have a copy of it for my archive.

It seems I have gotten a bit of attention lately and its really only fair to say that this attention should also be focused on some other people (especially Reed Robins and Thomas Boecker) who, although not in the limelight, in so many ways, make what I do possible. Infact without the support of many people including Gary himself such attention would be misplaced.

Best wishes to all

Phone: 917-327-0293
    Email: andy@andybrick.com
    Web: http://www.andybrick.com
    AIM: andybrick

Hi all,

for some reason the cbs news web site is hitting an error when I try to view the video (of course it plays the advertisement perfectly!!!). If anyone captured it I'd really appreciate a link or something so I can see it.

And huge congrats to Andy!!!

Take care,

Go Back to forum