• Register
  • Help

Topic: Action Cue... 3 instances of GPO!!!!

Share/Bookmark

Action Cue... 3 instances of GPO!!!!

Here is my first shot at an action cue called, er, "Action Cue 1." I have 4 gigs of RAM, this track took up 2.8 gigs!!!!! I had 3 instances of GPO running, and about 6 other plug-ins plus reverb, etc. Please let me know what you think. The mix gave me the most problems!! Thanks!

http://www.perfectharmonyandsound.co...P3%20FINAL.mp3

Cappy
    http://www.jamesjumonville.com

Captain Hook (if you see Pan let me know!)

Re: Action Cue... 3 instances of GPO!!!!

Cappy:

WOW.........that's a lot of RAM being used at once. A lot of us wish we had that much total to work with, but I enjoyed your "cue." I thought your use of voices was impressive and the mix seemed fine to me.

Where did the vocals come from?

Good writing Cappy. Send more.......

Jack
    (A Texas dweller for 10 years and fan of UT Football)
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Cappy.

Ahmen...well in the days of core memory, we were privilaged to have 1K, and it only worked if the temperature was juuuusssstttt right

But....in your case...WOW...what a sound!!! Love the massive bass percussion and the really neat vocals. I don't know what an action queue is, but keep em coming!!!

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Thank you for the kind responses! Yeah, I actually only had two, but when I got done with this track it took up about 1.98 gigs!!! I couldn't believe it. So, this morning I went and bought two more gigs. After finally installing the RAM it ate 2.8 gigs. The voices come from EWQL Symphonic Choirs and Word Builder. I use Logic Pro for my sequencer. Let me tell you, getting the choirs and word builder to mix down correctly WAS TOUGH!!!! I must have bounced this track at least 15 times!

Your comments make me feel better about my mix, it was killing me! Thank you so very much.

Cappy

Capt,
    Your orchestration with voices and percussion is outstanding. Yes I agree, please post more of these action cues.

I'm also unfamiliar with the term "action cue". The word action is a cue, in cinema. Is an action cue the initial music of a scene or of an action scene?

David

Well, I call it a cue (I'm probably using the term incorrectly!), for example, when there is a scene in a movie that has a cue for the music to begin. A film score type of cue. So, I imagine that my music could be placed in a scene that has some sort of battle for a kingdom, freedom, religion, or something like that. I imagine that the point or cue when the music begins is when the two sides finally meet after charging for so long. Or maybe even before they begin to charge to initiate a musical tension before the battle.

Cappy

Great job on this, Cappy!

Love the rhthmic drive of it, and the vocals are really
    well done -- very effective. Excellent use of percussion.

Give us more!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Cappy,
    Excellent work. The percussion and vocals were relentless. Has an Orff flavor but much more energetic.
    Bill
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Go Back to forum