• Register
  • Help

Topic: New President at TEAC America

Share/Bookmark

New President at TEAC America

FWIW,

TEAC America has a new president. He "will oversee sales, product development and technical support for the TEAC, TASCAM and ESOTERIC branded products in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Central and South America."

http://www.twice.com/article/CA6357259.html

Re: New President at TEAC America

Ha, ha, ha!

Anyway, there's more Tascam news here (none involving me!)

http://broadcastengineering.com/news..._promotes_two/

Congrats to Johnny De Leon!

[quote=Ernstinen]I saw this out of the corner of my eye, and thought it said "Jon Fairhurst, New President at TEAC America."

Now THAT would be good news!

Is it too late to write him in?
    -Rajay

HE'd probably be very busy and we would miss him here. He'd probably also turn into a "stuffed shirt" just like most of the higher up bozos

Quote Originally Posted by kitekrazy
    HE'd probably be very busy and we would miss him here. He'd probably also turn into a "stuffed shirt" just like most of the higher up bozos
    Nah. I reckon Jon would do a good job, and immediately change Gigastudio to take advantage of more Ram.

WOULDN"T YOU, JON!!!!!!!

Of course. I would, ahem, ram through that design change...

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    FWIW,

TEAC America has a new president. He "will oversee sales, product development and technical support for the TEAC, TASCAM and ESOTERIC branded products in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Central and South America."

http://www.twice.com/article/CA6357259.html
    Two questions:

1. Will having a new president mean that Giga tech support will suck less?

2. Will this mean that TEAC will write better Giga software?

Quote Originally Posted by RealJethro
    Two questions:

1. Will having a new president mean that Giga tech support will suck less?

2. Will this mean that TEAC will write better Giga software?
    Regarding #1... Just a guess: The funding probably won't change, so the staffing level probably won't change. But that's just a guess. The new guy could see support as a top priority, or a drain. You never know.

Regarding #2... Hopefully GVI will be very clean. That would reduce service calls over time, reducing stress on tech support, allowing item #1 to improve.

It's pretty clear that people want GVI to run on a wider set of platforms than GS and to have top quality. From what I heard at NAB, that's exactly what the development & marketing teams want too. Let's wish them great success.

-JF

There have been a number of major changes at TEAC/TASCAM in the last 60 days. I was the Tascam worldwide product development manager there from 1998-2002, in charge of the development of all products (including Gigastudio). The first thing that happened was that Jimmy Yamaguchi, president of TEAC America, died of heart failure. Jimmy was a great man with a wonderful sense of humor, and had been part of the upper management there since 1979. He was the guiding force behind many Tascam products. He will be missed. I know Mr. Nakamura, the new president, and he has been in upper management there for a long time as well. His promotion, as well as the others announced in that press release, bode well for the company.

Most significantly, Yuji Hanabusa was promoted to president of TEAC Corporation, the parent company. I think this is extremely good news for Tascam, in particular. Previously, Yuji was general manager of Tascam worldwide. It's important to note that the entire Tascam management team in Japan consisted of musicians. Yuji Hanabusa was a burning-hot lead guitar player and an excellent lead vocalist. I have a video tape of his former band in Japan, and the band consists of the entire Tascam marketing team. Yuji was a driving force in Japan for the acquisition of Nemesys. He also is a very funny guy who speaks flawless English. But, being a musician himself, he has a tremendous grasp of what is needed in the market.

Now, I can't conjecture what the outcome of all this will be, but I think it looks good. Time will tell.

Mike McRoberts

Go Back to forum