• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bouncing Ball (Childrens' Suite)

California Redwoods

Bouncing Ball (Childrens' Suite)

This is a thoroughly revivsed and shortened vesion of an earlier piece. The renovation was done because the earlier piece was too long and I wanted to include it in my Childrens' Suite. It was originally intended for something of the sort, and I just got around to it today while taking a break from a short string trio.

Some of you may remember the game that I hope this music reminds you of. I don't know if kids still play it. I don't think so.

Bouncing Ball

GPO Steinway, naturally.

Re: Bouncing Ball (Childrens' Suite)

Fine addition to the Childrens' Suite, I think, Richard...
    fits well with the other material I've heard from this.

I think I know the game you mean (no, I doubt they
    play such games any longer); but for the life of me,
    I can't remember what we used to call it.

Penfield (Rochester), NY

It definately sounds like children at play and fits nicely into a suite such as you have created.

Dallas, TX

Beautiful Richard! Someone who is a good illustator should make some illustrations to go with this suite, I wish I could draw the imagery in my head when i listen to these. Is the game called Jacks? I don't remember how to play it except for bouncing the ball and catching it, but i remember playing it when i was around five or six. I think we stopped playing it when we discovered marbles, but i would miss it sometimes.

Very nice! I was originally scared off by the title, but I'm glad I came in for a listen. It has some of the sensibility of Satie's piano music, of which I'm a big fan. More modern, of course, but retains the lightness and play.
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

Go Back to forum