• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: News from Midiman about Delta drivers

Share/Bookmark

News from Midiman about Delta drivers

3-4 weeks until we have true, low-latency, MULTICLIENT drivers for the Delta 66 (that\'s the card I\'ve been bugging them about). Here\'s what they said when I pointed out the problems in working with Cubase and Gigasampler/Gigastudio simulataneously:

\"We will have Multiclient drivers in around 4 weeks and will post these on
    our web site at www.midiman.net when available.\"

Another fellow from Midiman wrote this in response to the same query (I always like to have two answers to ascetain the most likely answer to a question):

\"We are so close, perhaps if all goes well by the end of the week, the BETA drivers may be posted. However, a more than likely scenario would be approximately 3 weeks.\"

Either way, this is good news.

Ciao

Re: News from Midiman about Delta drivers

I posted a thread about this 3-4 months ago. Let\'s hope this time around they\'re a little more accurate. I\'m using the Delta66 as well, although I have no latency or multi-client problems with giga, just cpu hogging.

Maybe I can get it to work with Logic now cause as of now its no dice with my Delta 44..

I did get it to work with CWPA 9 by routing outputs 3/4 from GigaStudio and outputs 1/2 from Cake, and can then record the giga sequence as audio by routing it through my Mackie 1202 and giving Giga its own line input..

I was getting pops and distortion, but I switching the input in Cakewalk from Stereo PCM 1/2 to Stereo Monitor Mixex input 1/2..

Captain, why don\'t you just convert the Giga midi track into audio within Cake, instead of running it through the Mackie? This is what I do in Cubase, no analog loss.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DanS:
    Captain, why don\'t you just convert the Giga midi track into audio within Cake, instead of running it through the Mackie? This is what I do in Cubase, no analog loss.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DanS - this will sound really newbie, but how do I, after I\'ve recorded a midi track, convert it to audio so I don\'t have to think about it ever again?

Thanks,
    Dave the Sony Music Guy

Hi Dink, I don\'t think it\'s a newbie question, I get the feeling a lot of people don\'t realize they can do this. What I do in Cubase, and I\'m pretty sure it works the same way in Cake, is the following:
    I sequence my midi parts, be they from Giga or any of my other modules, when I\'m ready to start mixing, I convert the midi parts to audio by selecting an audio track in Cubase\'s Channel Mixer window, mute all the tracks I don\'t want recorded, then I select which inputs from my audio card will be used to record the midi into the Channel mixer. I then set my start and stop locators where I want to record from, press play, the midi part plays back and gets recorded as an audio file at the same time, and all in software, no re-routing of a single physical wire from the audio card to the mixer, then back to the audio card. All digital too.
    It\'s a bit hard to explain if you\'ve nevr tried it before, but it works like a charm once you do it for the first time.
    Hope this helps.

Dan S., yes I remember this was very easy to do in Cubase...I believe it was the \"Bounce\" feature in the Master Mixer, correct??

In Cakewalk its called \"Digital Mixdown\" and for some reason it didnt work which led me to the analog routing....

I\'ll have to try mixdown feature in Cakewalk again and I\'ll keep you posted...

OOOPS....

My bad, the Digital Mixdown feature does not work as a giga sequence to audio convertor cause technically the giga sequence is not digital yet...

What did the trick was reassigning different ports and sources within Cake, and I was finally able to eliminate the conversion thru my Mackie Mixer....

COOL!!!

Dan S., yes I remember this was very easy to do in Cubase...I believe it was the \"Bounce\" feature in the Master Mixer, correct??

No, you just record your midi part onto an audio track in real time. You\'re thinking of EXPORT AUDIO, which is when you want to conserve tracks, or do your final mixdown.

G;ad you figured it out (your next post)

DanS

Oh yeah, that\'s right EXPORT AUDIO....
    Now its coming back to me....

Now I\'ve figured how to bring the giga sequence into the audio realm, I\'ve tried to record a vocal with a new converted audio track and ........

When I arm a track to record a vocal it not only records the vocal but the previous giga/audio playback track at well....

What the @#$^^^^???????

Go Back to forum