• Register
  • Help

Topic: Last days of the SampleTekk Groupbuy

Share/Bookmark

Last days of the SampleTekk Groupbuy

Due to the NS downtime, we have decided to extend our Groupbuy to the 1:st of August.
    Still a few days left, but soon it wil be over........
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Re: Last days of the SampleTekk Groupbuy

Worra, What's the differences between TBO and 7CG? Same piano? I had no idea this was ever released... And you know I like buying your pianos... ;o)

And what genres are they good for. I'm thinking of picking up White Grand & Rain. I play mostly rock and symphonic rock. But eventually, I think more classical. I'm thinking 7CG would be better for me, but not sure.

Kurzman, White Grand is pretty good for rock. I use the EXS24 version , and adjusting the velocity offset to a higher amount gives good results to cut through a mix. White Sister is a bit more subtle. TBO is great for the sheer depth of expression it gives. But I'm curious about the difference between it and 7CG..

Hi guys.

Both 7CG and TBO is a Yamaha C7.
    They where recorded at the same time, but with different microphones.
    TBO is really close, using a Neumann SM-2 stereo mic and 7CG is a bit more ambient, (still close...), using a pair of Neumann U89.

Both pianos has 93 unique samples/recorded note. 31 pedal up, 31 pedal down and 31 releasesamples. This gives you a dynamic response that no other sampled piano even come close!

Both pianos are recorded fairly close, but using these microphones gives a rather round tone anyway with the clarity that comes from close miking.

I guess I'd get 7CG for the classical work since it's a bit more mellow. Or, I could get the bundle. During the groupbuy, you can pick up that for only $159

But.... groupbuy ends today, August 1:st....
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Thanks Worra, I've ordered 7CG to add to my arsenal of Sampletekk products.

btw Kurzman, check out this 30 sec clip: http://www.irvinduguid.com/audio/fly_high.mp3 for an example of White Grand in a rock mix

Quote Originally Posted by irvind
    btw Kurzman, check out this 30 sec clip: http://www.irvinduguid.com/audio/fly_high.mp3 for an example of White Grand in a rock mix
    YEAH! That sounds great!!!!!
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Go Back to forum