• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help! Layla3G users...

Share/Bookmark

Help! Layla3G users...

I recently upgraded my system to an AMD 64 X-2 3800+ on an ASUS A8V mobo. After having a little difficulty installing the card, I read online that the southbridge on this mobo is known to have problems with the Layla3G. Yeah, I know, what kinda idiot buys without checking out compatibility .

Echo does say to try moving it to the other PCI slots and/or check the BIOS timing to make sure it matches the memory installed....so I will try this. If nothing else works, I'll have to send in my mobo to exchange it for another one. I'd like to keep my cpu, it's a 939, so if you guys with working systems are running a Layla3G, I ask if you could please list your systems here, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks everyone.

Re: Help! Layla3G users...

I've got an Asus A8V Deluxe. I tried to get it running with an Echo MIA, but had no luck. My kids now have a very nice sound card, and I have an M-Audio AP192.

I'm not surprised that there are other Echo boards that don't work with that mobo...

Thanks Jon,

I spent this morning uninstalling and re-installing it on different PCI slots with no luck. Echo's website says they do not recommend the ASUS A8V Deluxe, so I guess the reguler A8V won't work either. I hope newegg has a decent exchange policy. I any case, I found a list of test mobo's that Echo does claim to be fully compatible with their PCI products. Hopefully it'll just be one part that I need to switch.

I'm running a Gina 3g card using the newest driver and use it with an Asus P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard without issues ....This card did not work well before the new drivers however .....Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    I've got an Asus A8V Deluxe. I tried to get it running with an Echo MIA, but had no luck. My kids now have a very nice sound card, and I have an M-Audio AP192.

I'm not surprised that there are other Echo boards that don't work with that mobo...
    I've pretty much now avoid any board with VIA chipsets even though I haven't had any problems with the MIA on a socket A chipsets.

I've narrowed it down to avoiding VIA and stick with M-Audio for AMDs. For Intel I use Intel boards and it seems like any hardware works with them.

More and more I find myself switching to Intel. I'll trade stability over performance any day. Of course I still love my stable AMD socket A hardware.

Go Back to forum